Substitute for mushrooms and fermented foods?

Hello! I have several food allergies and sensitivities I was diagnosed with several years ago. I have done one Whole30 in the past and now I am about to start the 30 day Autoimmune plan from “Practical Paleo”.

The only issue is that I am very sensitive to fungus, like can’t even have mold-derived antibiotics or yeasts sensitive! So my question is how do I replace the nutrients and “good bugs” mushrooms and fermented foods? 

I love the support on here! Thanks!

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, MDSpiller said:

Hello! I have several food allergies and sensitivities I was diagnosed with several years ago. I have done one Whole30 in the past and now I am about to start the 30 day Autoimmune plan from “Practical Paleo”.

The only issue is that I am very sensitive to fungus, like can’t even have mold-derived antibiotics or yeasts sensitive! So my question is how do I replace the nutrients and “good bugs” mushrooms and fermented foods? 

I love the support on here! Thanks!

I'm not sure there's any replacement for fermented foods, they're a pretty unique food group of themselves.  Mushrooms, if you look up what the major nutrients are in them and then find other veggies that have those same nutrients, that's probably a good place to start.

Try this article https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/278858.php

Mushrooms are high in antioxidants, just like carrots, tomatoes, green and red peppers, pumpkins, green beans, zucchini, and other whole foods.

Archived