Uh-oh... That had what in it?

So, I went over to my parents house today, happy. I'm totally rocking this thing. I'm on day 8 and I haven't slipped. I'm more doing this as troubleshooting with my doctor for food intolerances. Dad gave me surimi to take home and handed me a small (maybe thumb sized and I have tiny hands) chunk. Ate that one piece and got home and realized all I wanted to do was eat the entire bag. Thought nothing of it until now when I'm sitting here trying to decide if the amount I ate warrants me starting from zero, or if I should just continue on and see where I'm at an the end of the 30 days and decide if I'm still having cravings then if I should add days on. I was so proud of myself because I went looking for broccoli at their house and didn't even look twice as the pizza and Popsicle's in the freezer.

I know rule of thumb is start at square one, but any helpful hints on if I should just keep going and see where I'm at? I definitely know I'm not eating any of what I brought home.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, KLynn1990 said:

So, I went over to my parents house today, happy. I'm totally rocking this thing. I'm on day 8 and I haven't slipped. I'm more doing this as troubleshooting with my doctor for food intolerances. Dad gave me surimi to take home and handed me a small (maybe thumb sized and I have tiny hands) chunk. Ate that one piece and got home and realized all I wanted to do was eat the entire bag. Thought nothing of it until now when I'm sitting here trying to decide if the amount I ate warrants me starting from zero, or if I should just continue on and see where I'm at an the end of the 30 days and decide if I'm still having cravings then if I should add days on. I was so proud of myself because I went looking for broccoli at their house and didn't even look twice as the pizza and Popsicle's in the freezer.

I know rule of thumb is start at square one, but any helpful hints on if I should just keep going and see where I'm at? I definitely know I'm not eating any of what I brought home.

So when I googled 'what's in imitation crab' I got the answer wheat.  Regardless of your now cravings, wheat is a huge gut disruptor and has reset your reset.  You can refer to the article in my signature below titled 'Do I really have to start over' and decide, but one of the main tenats of the Whole30 is not eating anything you don't know every ingredient in and this item has at least sugar and some kind of starch (could be corn in which case that's out too) and possibly wheat.

Archived