Whole30 weight loss FAIL

Anew

I’m on day 30, and as for weight loss, this program was a significant fail. I stuck to the program religiously and while I know weight loss isn’t supposed to be the main goal, it’s not worth making a goal at all, in my experience. I do not suffer from any medical conditions, my skin has always been clear, my sleeping did not improve and remained as sporadic as it has been the last two months, and I’m sorely disappointed. Admittedly, I’m glad to not have eaten sugar for 30 days because it’s a silent killer. 

Hey there - sorry to hear you're disappointed with your results.... Have you experience ANY NSVs? Skin clearer? Hair thicker/glossier? Stable energy throughout the day? Reduced cravings? Stronger nails?

Did you follow the rules AND the recommendations to get the biggest bang for your buck? 

43 minutes ago, jmcbn said:

Hey there - sorry to hear you're disappointed with your results.... Have you experience ANY NSVs? Skin clearer? Hair thicker/glossier? Stable energy throughout the day? Reduced cravings? Stronger nails?

Did you follow the rules AND the recommendations to get the biggest bang for your buck? 

My single and only NSV is that for 30 days I abstained from sugar. I’m not sure what “recommendations” you’re referring to, but I followed the program religiously. 

45 minutes ago, Anew said:

I’m not sure what “recommendations” you’re referring to

Have a read through this >Rules vs Recommendations< article - it covers building meals to match the recommended template of at least a palm sized serving of protein, 1-3 cups of veg (with 3 being optimum), and a generous serving of fat; snacking; fruit intake etc.

Often we find that those who focus only on eating compliant foods don't see the same results as those who eat three template meals each day with no snacks & limited fruit/nuts/bars.

That said, removing sugar et al from your diet for 30 days is a great achievement and not to be sniffed at! 

Do you plan on carrying through the reintroduction phase? Another common result of the 30 days is that people discover during reintro just how much better they feel with the inflammatory foods removed from their diet - something that isn't necessarily noticeable until you start adding them back in...

Thank you for your comments and sharing the recommendations link, I sincerely appreciate your consideration. No, I’m not familiar with the recommendations, and I completely agree, being sugar free for 30 days is a big deal, and I’m very proud of that. 

As for reintroduction, it just so happens that I leave tomorrow (1st day of reintroduction) for Cabo for my birthday and I’ll be away for six days. This was not a planned trip when I began Whole 30. When I began Whole 30, I intended to sustain it and not likely go through reintroduction. However, I then debated reintroduction and thought to give it a try, but when you combine my travel with my lack of weight loss results, I’m not going to participate in reintroduction. I will say, however, once I return from vacation, I’ll generally eliminate sugar, soy and intermittently dairy full-time from my diet. 

Archived