AliS's Whole30 Log

AliS

Today is Day 28! I went to a kids' birthday party and a neighborhood ladies' night yesterday. I didn't eat at either event and ate a snack before one then ate once I got home, then ate dinner before the other. 

Today is another kid's birthday party without having time to come back home in between church & the party. So I'm going to pack a light easy lunch to eat between. 

Forgot to add... another NSV... I've noticed how thick my eyelases have gotten! They were basically balding and thinning out incredibly. I haven't used anything to help promote growth recently. They have grown back in and are super thick.... hoping the length will be awesome soon! 

And... a friend I haven't seen in the last month mentioned that my skin was glowing. She started asking a ton of questions about Whole30. 

Ok, truth bomb.... after seriously considering it.... and thinking about it... I decided on Day 28 to go ahead and do reintro so I can do a proper one before my kids' camping trip. My biggest fear is that our Day 10 of reintro is that it would happen on the Saturday of a weekend trip... meaning most likely Friday I would have allowed it anyway. It was to be gluten and even if I switched... WHAT IF I HAD A REACTION?? That could be no good in a tent.... in the cold, having to walk to the bathrooms at night if it got ugly.  

So we started & it worked out to start dairy today. I'm disappointed. I love dairy. My son can't have it at all (he gets bad tummy aches, vomiting if it's milk or cheese, and bad constipation) and it already looks like it may be a great once in a while thing for me now. I started sneezing, yawning a lot, & already feel foggy brained. Needs to be absolutely kept away during my super busy work time when I'm going to be getting less sleep and need every bit of brain power & energy to keep trucking. Within 20 minutes of eating cheese it I started feeling a little more groggy. No tummy issues yet.... but I'll keep my eye out. I know with my son they show up about 3 days later sometimes. So I'm already calling our house to stay dairy-free and I will only have it if I feel it is TRULY worth the grogginess. This may change to stay away in a few days. I seriously can't stop yawning today & I haven't yawned in so long!! 

I loved cheese/dairy too.... :wacko:  but I love how I felt yesterday more.   

Even though I started reintroduced on Day 28, today is when I have still done my weighin. I'm down 12.7 lbs since I started whole30 31 days ago.  I'm happier,  thicker eyelashes,  feel better  (except when I reintroduced dairy). Sleep way better,  more energy,  better focus,  my kids are eating healthier overall,  my husband who isn't following 100% still had lost 9 lbs,  we picked back up exercising, clothes fitting better.  I need to do my measurement's too 

Archived