Paleo Flatbread?

Venn

Having a dinner part tonight, serving the whole 30 shepherd's pie, green cabbage slaw, then I found 3 ingredient paleo Flatebread, said it compliant with the program.

But I see cornstarch is not??? Not sure what to think. HELP 

• Administrators

@Venn - there are no bread substitutes like that which are compliant. Cornstarch or not, there is no recreating bread/muffins/pancakes/cookies/pasta/tortillas with compliant ingredients. Who said it was compliant?

The rest of your dinner sounds nice.

• Moderators
Just now, Venn said:

Went on Pinterest, saw it and it said it was listed with other programs that was ok, whole 30 was one. Wow almost blow it!

Don't believe a word you see on Pinterest... it's worse than Facebook for people using tags to get clicks!

The whole 30 app, to read bar codes, my daughter in law bought it for me, they are also on the program. I love it, it really helps. I realized that I could look up the canola oil that way also. I'm not using the by it self its in the artichokes with water, vinegar and spices.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Venn said:

The whole 30 app, to read bar codes, my daughter in law bought it for me, they are also on the program. I love it, it really helps. I realized that I could look up the canola oil that way also. I'm not using the by it self its in the artichokes with water, vinegar and spices.

That app is not sponsored or sanctioned by Whole30 so use it with caution because there's no one vetting what they put in their database.

That aside, still no products with canola oil for home use, sorry.

Unfortunately the app was probably created by someone trying to cash in on the Whole30 brand and is in no way associated with the program.  Buyer beware with some of the recipe books out there as well.  The best app is to learn to read labels and then you'll always have what you need in your head!

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Venn said:

WOW, ok will serve it to my guest then, not sure I understand? I will share the app new to my daughter n law.

Sorry, not sure which part you don't understand?  Canola oil is not permitted for home use including in products.

Archived