“Pancakes”

Chelsea Cooper

Getting ready to start my first Whole30 and I really love to eat scrambled eggs with mashed banana and cinnamon that I cook in coconut oil. It’s the same ingredients that you would make paleo pancakes out of but I never liked those or regular pancakes. I top the eggs with almond butter usually or sometimes blueberries. So is this ok, sex with your pants on or a complete no go? Thank you!

• Moderators

You'll really get the best results if you make your meals match the meal template (available here: https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/)  -- protein, healthy fat, and lots of veggies, occasionally some fruit. Why not, for 30 days, try scrambled eggs with spinach or zucchini, topped with avocado? Or a salad like this one:   https://nomnompaleo.com/post/104615214153/sunnyside-salad-crispy-fried-eggs-on-greens See if it makes any difference for you, having something that isn't sweet instead of something that is. You can always go back to the eggs and banana when your Whole30 is over. 

Thanks for getting back to me. I have other ways I can cook eggs and options for breakfast, I was specifically wondering if that breakfast would be considered off limits. I’m mainly holding it for the time I’m sick of eggs and frittatas. It’s always been the one item I’m confused about from all of my research. 

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, Chelsea Cooper said:

Thanks for getting back to me. I have other ways I can cook eggs and options for breakfast, I was specifically wondering if that breakfast would be considered off limits. I’m mainly holding it for the time I’m sick of eggs and frittatas. It’s always been the one item I’m confused about from all of my research. 

The fact it's made with the same ingredients as the 'pancakes' and that you top it with things people top the 'pancakes' with causes me to vote no on this item.  It also prioritizes fruit over veggies.  You don't have to eat eggs and frittatas every day (or even ANY day).  Lots of people eat stew or chili or leftovers or soups or tuna salad... I made curry chicken breast and roasted brussels sprouts for breakfast the other week. No eggs in sight!

Archived