I am starting Monday, February 5th - and scared.

Tmackeil

Hi everyone, I started my W30 Jan 2. At the end of the 30 days, I didn’t feel ready to start reintroduction, so have decided to do a whole 60 (maybe a W66 - based on the “it takes 66 days to form a habit” as discussed in the W30 books). Thought I would join this group to follow along during the next 30 days. 

I too have always been a black coffee drinker!

@Charlene33 @Tmackeil @WJStar I am also the only one in my house doing the W30, so have not been able to clear out all non-compliant items. It may be a challenge at first, but it gets easier! I have found that because I am bringing healthier food into the house, everyone is making better choices and we have eliminated some of the non-compliant items from our pantry. I definitely think prep is key - it’s a lot easier not to be tempted when my husband is making a sandwich for lunch (for example) knowing that my W30 compliant meal is ready in the fridge. 

Good luck everyone, I look forward to hearing how everyone’s first day goes tomorrow

Hi Everyone!  First day went well, sooooo much chopping and cooking.  Admittedly I did not do prep cooking b/c I had a hectic wkend-who doesn't?  Made the mayo-yum!  Sweet potato, homemade banger sausage, scrambled eggs, onion and spinach for brkfst today.  Delish.  Want to fry up a big pan of ground turkey with the trimmings for quick options.  Been spending tons of time scanning recipes and making lists and shopping, but I feel like you must kinda find your groove a week or so in with all the cooking.  Say it's true!  I've felt good, enjoyed my cup of black coffee, though I usually drink it with whole milk.  How are you guys doing?  I realize in the first few days there is sooooo little time to even jump on and make comments.  I am home full time and I feel like this could very easily be a full time job, especially at the beginning.  Kudos to all of you who work, have wee ones or other time consuming obligations.  You can do this!

: ) Denese

Oh Tmackeil, don't be discouraged.  Start over right away so you don't get all caught up in the cheat.  I bet that happens so much, did you just forget for a minute?  That could happen sooooo easily.  Get right back on!  Stay here and do it!  Even though one goldfish is all it takes, it's waaaaay better than a binge just because you had one!  We're all cheering you on!!!  Denese

On 2/6/2018 at 11:42 AM, denese : ) said:

Hi Everyone!  First day went well, sooooo much chopping and cooking.  Admittedly I did not do prep cooking b/c I had a hectic wkend-who doesn't?  Made the mayo-yum!  Sweet potato, homemade banger sausage, scrambled eggs, onion and spinach for brkfst today.  Delish.  Want to fry up a big pan of ground turkey with the trimmings for quick options.  Been spending tons of time scanning recipes and making lists and shopping, but I feel like you must kinda find your groove a week or so in with all the cooking.  Say it's true!  I've felt good, enjoyed my cup of black coffee, though I usually drink it with whole milk.  How are you guys doing?  I realize in the first few days there is sooooo little time to even jump on and make comments.  I am home full time and I feel like this could very easily be a full time job, especially at the beginning.  Kudos to all of you who work, have wee ones or other time consuming obligations.  You can do this!

: ) Denese

It is a lot of cooking.  Check out Melissa Joulwan's cookbooks Well Fed.  She has compliant recipes but also outlines an approach I've adopted where you cook up proteins and veggies in advance and then can mix and match later/through out the week.  Very tasty food too as she is big on spices.  

13 hours ago, AB_MN said:

It is a lot of cooking.  Check out Melissa Joulwan's cookbooks Well Fed.  She has compliant recipes but also outlines an approach I've adopted where you cook up proteins and veggies in advance and then can mix and match later/through out the week.  Very tasty food too as she is big on spices.  

6 hours ago, denese : ) said:

Thank you!  I’ve been using some of her recipes and also bulk cooking so I can store up in the freezer for busy days.  I will look further to find specifically what you described b/c that really fits the way I like to do things.  Thanks again!  

Mel is an absolute Whole30 cooking genius.  I have a number of her recipes in regular rotation here.  They can range from pretty complex to pretty simple, so you can choose your comfort level - but they all have good, clear instructions.   And her site is pop-up free so doesn't take forever to load, like some other food blogs.  And she's a pretty entertaining blogger too.    

Archived