I know deli meat is usually frowned upon bc of gluten and preservatives, but Trader Joe’s has oven roasted turkey breast slices (ingredients are: oraganic turkey breast, water salt), so that’s okay right? 

Also, applegate hotdogs are approved but I didn’t see anything about the turkey hot dogs?? Ingredients are: turkey, water, sea salt, vinegar, spices, paprika, dehydrated garlic and onion, celery powder, and cherry powder. 

Finally, Trader Joe’s has a French vanilla flavored coffee. No ingredients listed except arabica beans and “natural French vanilla oil”

thanks so much!!! :) 

66BF70F1-8D29-4F15-9D99-70C479E92952.jpeg

AEF75C94-C4FA-4D94-A4FF-47CF6DE838E0.jpeg

4886D8B3-07C7-4EFC-9B41-3354B70AD1F5.jpeg

• Administrators

Yep, all of these are fine. Make sure when you're using deli meat that you're getting enough - the recommendation is 1-2 of your own palm size (length, width and thickness) so you need more than the typical one or two slices. :) 

Just a question, how do you know the vinegar is ok? I've stayed away from anything with vinegar in it because I know how hard it is to find a vinegar that doesn't contain sugar (I finally found a compliant red wine vinegar but still haven't found a compliant balsamic).

The sulfites in vinegars usually give people trouble. 

I don't know what grocery stores you have access to where you live, but I love this one from ShopRite. https://shop.shoprite.com/store/6025533#/product/sku/041190034161

You'll note that the warning says it contains sulfites but they are listed just as a "contains" and not as a separate ingredient because they're naturally occurring.

Hmmmm, maybe I have found compliant balsamic and I'm just confused about the word "contains." But I think I get it now.

Today is Day 30. Through this whole process, if I had any doubt and couldn't find a definitive answer here (or one that I understood), I've passed to err on the side of caution. I don't necessarily trust every label so anything that has "vinegar" or "juice" listed, I've avoided (or at least, I think I did). There is a fabulous Italian deli near me, maybe I'll stop there tonight and go through all the balsamics, I'm sure there's bound to be one I can have. I hope. In addition to wine, I really miss balsamic vinegar.

Archived