Compliant Whole30 Cookbooks and Sites?

Tucker

I know there are a lot of books and websites that claim to be Whole30.  I have a question about a few.  Dana Summers has put out two books: 30 Day Whole Food Slow Cooker Challenge and 5-Ingredient 30 Whole Food Slow Cooker Challenge.  (She has made the books to look like Whole30 books by Melissa).  The other is the Real Foods Dietician website.  There are several "approved" Whole30 categories of recipes on this site.  I have done the Whole30 twice now and feel I am pretty good at knowing how to put meals together and consider ingredients.  However, I am wondering if there are sites you recommend for compliant recipes and your thoughts on the one I listed here.  

• Moderators

The only Whole30 sanctioned books on the market are listed at the top of this page under the header 'books'.  https://whole30.com/books/

There are quite a few websites by people who are friends of the program (www.meljoulwan.com, Real Foods Dietician etc) that you can check out but with anything that is not specifically from THIS site, you have to be just as diligent reading the recipes and ingredients as you are with labels because there are a LOT of people out there who are trying to capitalize on the program's success and in doing so do not stay true to the program (ie: baked goods, french fries, paleo treats, chia pudding bowls, smoothies etc). 

Edited to add: One of the easiest ways to find out if the resources that you're looking at are people trying to profit or people who are part of the community is that the people trying to profit are knocking off the branding... people who are part of the community generally have their own branding and just offer recipes under their own cook book or blog titles because they believe in the program.

Regarding the "knock-offs", I avoid them at all costs, even if they have whole30 recipes because stealing is lame.

I love love love nomnompaleo.com, although not all recipes are whole30, she has an index for whole30 and frequently includes whole30 exceptions in other recipes. Also, if you have instagram, the @whole30recipes feed features different paleo/whole30 food bloggers, usually for a few days at a time, and I've discovered some new favorites including @paleorunningmomma, @primalgourmet, and @iheartumami.

Check out the @Whole30Recipes Instagram feed! They have guest bloggers/chefs/nutritionists/cookbook authors/regular people take over each week and post recipes. They're all Whole30 approved. 

My favorite blogger is Paleo Running  Momma (she's hosting the Whole30Recipes Instagram feed this week)! Her recipes are AMAZING! And the Whole30 section on her site is reliable from what I have seen so far. Of course, always check, but I think you can trust her. She knows Whole30 for sure. Here are some of my favorites from her: 

She also recently created a bunch more Whole30 recipes for the January Whole30 and they all look amazing! Check her out for sure!! 

Archived