Forward Deployed

captbloom

I am deployed to Iraq and Kuwait and I have gotten quite a few service members interested in trying Whole30. We plan to start 14 February, aligns with lent for some of the crew. We do not prepare our own meals and do not have access to groceries. We are going to follow the rules to best of our ability. We do not know how the food it prepared but we know the obvious no-goes. If we cheat it will be unknowingly. I have completed Whole30 multiple times and I am excited to introduce it to a new group. 

If anyone has completed the program in a similar environment I welcome recommendations.

Most chow halls offer four meals per day: breakfast, lunch, supper, and a midnight meal. Some are open 24 hours per day. Most dining facilities now give the choice of a full-blown meal with two or more entrees.

For the health conscious, there is normally a heart-healthy menu, as well as a salad bar. Desserts are usually a choice of fruits, and more. For breakfast, you can choose anything between a small fruit cup to a full-fledged made-to-order omelet with all the side dishes. Take-out cartons are freely available in many chow halls. Some dining facilities even have drive-through windows.

You can do the very best you can with what you've got.  So don't let it rain on your parade or your excitement to share it with your comrades. You know the rules and recos.

1 hour ago, MeadowLily said:

Most chow halls offer four meals per day: breakfast, lunch, supper, and a midnight meal. Some are open 24 hours per day. Most dining facilities now give the choice of a full-blown meal with two or more entrees.

For the health conscious, there is normally a heart-healthy menu, as well as a salad bar. Desserts are usually a choice of fruits, and more. For breakfast, you can choose anything between a small fruit cup to a full-fledged made-to-order omelet with all the side dishes. Take-out cartons are freely available in many chow halls. Some dining facilities even have drive-through windows.

From here? https://www.thebalance.com/what-the-recruiter-never-told-you-3332717

• Moderators

I know I've seen one or two other military people on the forum before -- if you google Whole30 military or maybe Whole30 forum military, you should be able to find their old posts. I don't know if any are still posting, so I don't know how recent they'll be.

Archived