First Timers starting Feb. 5, 2018

JessHuov

My husband and I are starting our first W30 tomorrow. We both have a lot of weight to lose, but more importantly, we want to reduce our risk for diabetes and heart disease.

We also have a 2.5 yo daughter. We will be using the “I’m all out of that” method to ease her into W30.  I’ll probably still give her dairy though, and I need ideas for her lunch as she goes to Mother’s Day Out three days per week.

We are super-excited for this change and look forward to “meeting” new people through the forums.

My husband and I are both starting Whole 30 today.  Wanted to get past the Super Bowl party we were invited to yesterday, so today is the day!  Started the morning out differently....my usual cup of coffee without cream, sugar and NO TOAST!  Can I really do this?  Instead, breakfast was an egg frittata consisting of onions, Rotel tomatoes, spinach and eggs.  It was really good!  Two more meals to go and the first day is done!  Not hard......yet!  Sorry I'm unable to help you with ideas for your daughter.  My kids and grandchildren are all grown up.  

Hello! Started W30 on the 5th and wow did I never notice how much I eat just to eat until I couldn’t. I’m looking forward to all the benefits but I know there will be moments I struggle or just don’t want to cook. Excited for the benefits that come with this commitment but like the book says one day one bite at a time. Good luck everyone. We have each other to get through this strong! 

Jess for your daughter try using Romaine lettuce leaves with turkey meat and Smashed avacado. It’s light and tasty! I also enjoy apples with almond butter or apple sauce (no sugar added) with almond butter. Bell pepper boats are also good for stuffing with lunch meats. 

@jesshuov 

Welcome! I just started Day 1 yesterday as well! This will be my second round of Whole30, but I have ate paleo on and off for the past few years, and before paleo was a thing, I did the Atkins diet. 

My partner is not joining me on the diet,  however he sees the benefits and makes better health choices for him. He still loves his cheese, and some grains. So last night I made stir fry for dinner. Sauce was Whole30, then I put his on rice and mine on caulirice. 

Taco night, mine will be on lettuce, no cheese and his can be normal tacos. 

We do a lot of burgers and sweet potato fries too! 

Maybe your daughter will enjoy some of those meals! Maybe you will be surprised that she will see you eating tacos with lettuce and want to join you! 

Oh one other thing kids love, That I find easy to make and throw in the freezer: 

https://www.thepaleomom.com/ham-sweet-potato-egg-muffins/

They are a great breakfast!

Good luck on your whole30! :)

Archived