Whole30 in Germany - starting February 5th!

Ckjos

Hi Everyone!

I am starting my first Whole30 tomorrow. I am really nervous, but also very excited! I've been having a hard time saying no to sweets since the holidays, so I am really hoping whole30 will change the way I think about food and kickstart better eating habits! 

I am an American living in Berlin, Germany and found my first whole30 grocery shopping attempt to be a bit stressful. I went to Kaufland (a German grocery store) on Friday and they didn't have Spaghetti Squash, mustard powder or clarified butter (but i'll try to make that myself this evening). So I think I'll have to expand my search and try going to different stores, in order to get a feel for which stores carry which ingredients. Is anyone else on this forum living in Germany? If so, how is/was your experience grocery shopping for Whole30?

Time to go meal prep! Good luck to everyone starting tomorrow! And a great superbowl sunday to everyone in the states! :)
Chelsea

@FitAndFabForever Thank you! Good luck to you too! :)

On 5.2.2018 at 4:23 AM, Whole@60 said:

Yes, good luck!  My last name is German and I am going to ferment sauerkraut for the first time. May I be an honorary German? Lol! 

I think making homemade sauerkraut is deserving of being an honorary German! ;) Sounds delicious!! I'll have to give that a try sometime too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived