February 5, 2018 Accountability Buddies

KalinaM

Hey, everyone! I’m seeing lots of individuals posting that they are starting tomorrow, February 5! So, I thought I’d start a new “accountability buddies” thread so we can all join in the conversation together and support one another. I get too confused going to multiple threads!  I’m going to tag everyone that has so far declared they are beginning Feb 5, but PLEASE!!! If I did not tag you and you are also starting Feb 5, join in!!! Looking forward to getting to know everyone on our journey.

@Tmackeil @Charlene33 @BNanana @Jim4884 @KA11 @WJStar @denese : ) @ceugley

@Ckjos @Julia S @BigT @dirty_thirty86 @ErikaA @JessHuov

How is everyone spending their day zero? I’ve made ghee, hard boiled eggs and roasted sweet potatoes. I’m still going to be make salmon cakes and meatballs today at some point. This is my 2nd whole30 and I’ve learned that prepping on Sunday for the week ahead and having easy emergency meal items are KEY in staying on track!

Ready??? Here we go! 

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks KalinaM having a goup thread like this makes it easier.

I’m ready! I’m pretty proud, just finished making 3 meals for Monday and Tuesday for my husband and I. Cooked some Sweet Potatoe hash w/ chicken sausage, Orange chicken w/ broccoli, Fajita beef (style), and enough cauliflower rice to go with both.    

Lets see how week one goes:)

I'm in!  This will be my third official round.  We've only been cooking Paleo/whole 30 for the past 2 years, but it's always a free for all when we go out.  And unfortunately, life has been crazy the past 6 months and we've been eating out and ordering take out waaaaay too much.  I'm excited to get back on track and feeling good again.  Look forward to getting to know you all better.

28 minutes ago, corduroy said:

Here too... so... how does this work?

You just keep posting in this thread along with everyone else for support and to keep yourself accountable. The mods will dip in & out to make sure you are all on the right track...

Good luck!

Hi! I'm starting today too! This is my 2nd Whole30...I completed my first back in September/October 2017. Looking forward to getting back on track after the holidays.

Like some of you have mentioned, I've learned meal prep is key. Made mayo, ghee and meatballs yesterday, can't wait to use them in my meals for the week!

13 hours ago, milonac said:

I'm in!  This will be my third official round.  We've only been cooking Paleo/whole 30 for the past 2 years, but it's always a free for all when we go out.  And unfortunately, life has been crazy the past 6 months and we've been eating out and ordering take out waaaaay too much.  I'm excited to get back on track and feeling good again.  Look forward to getting to know you all better.

Yes! It's sooooo easy to slip back into old habits!

Hi, @Hannah Ruth, @Jacky and @Zac Hamburger! Nice to "meet" you!

I'm halfway through day 1. Going well.... like riding a bike! Since I'm familiar with how prep is so important and how to read labels and am familiar with some recipes, that part of it is going very easily. The challenge I'm having is doing all of it with a toddler at home! My first whole30 was right before I got pregnant, so I didn't have to worry about child care.... it's OK. I'll get used to it and it'll get easier, right? 

Hope everyone is having a great day 1!

I am starting today, too. This is my third round in just over a year.  My first went great but went to Paris on day 33 and reintroductions were blown. Did the second about two weeks after the end of the first. I am doing this one to get more info from reintroduction so I am going to have to go slowly with them. Specifically I want to break down the legumes group and the non gluten grains groups and see which ones agree with me best. Today is not a piece of cake, but I don’t want to wait until tomorrow to start. I am flying most of the day...so far had fresh veggies and compliant jerky and a larabar.  I know it’s not ideal and I need some fat soon....but I am doing my best. I have all the ingredients for a quick and easy shrimp and “grits” (cauliflower rice) for dinner tonight when we get home.

Looking forward to sharing the journey with you all.

Hi everyone! I'm starting my first Whole 30 tomorrow Feb 6... so not technically a Feb 5th starter but close enough! :) Spent last night meal planning and today I will be making mayo, ketchup, BBQ sauce, and ghee to get me through this week's meals! WISH ME LUCK! 

Hi everyone! I would love to be a part of this thread, great idea! My first day is going pretty well. I notice how often my brain things about sweets when I have to say no each time! I am trying to follow the meal plan in the book (I never plan my meals out in advanced, so I thought that would be a good starting point). My breakfast fritata was delicious and I had a salmon salad on greens for lunch. I am now prepping meals for tomorrow and making dinner: spiral zuchini and ground turkey tomato sauce...my kitchen smells great! :)

I hope you all are having a good first day! 

Well I’ve done okay so far.  And it wasn’t easy lol!  I forgot my protein for lunch, luckily we have a store next door so I was able to get some tuna.  Then it was just a stressful day - all I could think was pizza,pizza,pizza!  I didn’t cave in though, came home and had my supper that I had prepped ahead.  Full now.  I’m a stress eater so that’s going to be ,my biggest hurdle.

I actually jumped the gun and started yesterday.  I had all the stuff and a big roast in the crockpot with some sweet potatoes, carrots and onions.  So I decided I would just start.  I had eggs and sauteed veggies for breakfast yesterday and then some tuna and vegetables for lunch.  Dinner was my roast beef and veggies with a banana.  That was also today's breakfast and dinner, as I don't mind eating the same thing over several meals.  

Dinner tonight was grilled hamburgers and a stir-fry with cabbage, red pepper onions and coconut aminos.   That will also be breakfast and lunch tomorrow.  I have planned baked pork chops with sauerkraut for dinner and maybe some blueberries.  

So far this is going pretty well, although I was in a horrendous mood this morning - I think I blame it more on a work situation than the meal plan.  It is harder to de-stress yourself when you are used to doing it with food.  That is something I have to work on. 

I actually tried to start on February 1, and things were going great, but then on day  4  I noticed that my vitamin D and calcium pills have maltodextrin and cornstarch. I have been looking online to try to find ones that are compliant. For now I stopped taking them but my vitamin D levels are really low and that's not something you get from food, and since it is February and no vitamin D from sun, I don't think it's a great idea to go a month without them. So I'll keep looking to find some that are okay. So I guess I am starting on Feb. 5th, too. But I feel better thinking about it as being on day 5 and I will do 34 days total:)  I have noticed that I am appreciating my food a lot more instead of mindlessly eating - things taste so much more flavorful and delicious! 

Day 1 was good to me! I suspect this will probably be the easiest day during the next 30-40 days. I'm pretty sure I overate at dinner because the food was just so delicious! #sorrynotsorry.  Another thing that tastes great, and that you all may like is club soda with a bit of freshly squeezed lemon juice and blood orange juice. So refreshing! 

22 minutes ago, Charlene33 said:

I actually tried to start on February 1, and things were going great, but then on day  4  I noticed that my vitamin D and calcium pills have maltodextrin and cornstarch. I have been looking online to try to find ones that are compliant. For now I stopped taking them but my vitamin D levels are really low and that's not something you get from food, and since it is February and no vitamin D from sun, I don't think it's a great idea to go a month without them. So I'll keep looking to find some that are okay. So I guess I am starting on Feb. 5th, too. But I feel better thinking about it as being on day 5 and I will do 34 days total:)  I have noticed that I am appreciating my food a lot more instead of mindlessly eating - things taste so much more flavorful and delicious! 

Same here! As someone who calls herself a "grazer," snacking is what I do. I hardly snacked at all today and it felt awesome. 

If you try any good crockpot recipes, do you mind sharing? I have to do crockpot breakfast on Sundays as we leave home super early for ski school, and a couple of weekday dinners are usually crockpot too as we are always on a tight schedule. My kids and husband are not picky eaters so they will be doing this with me unknowingly... Is anybody doing it for chronic injuries? I have a bad ankle from a climbing accident and want to see if this helps... Also, I feel like there is a lot more protein and fat than I would normally eat... Anybody feeling the same? Except for that (and for the no cheat and no recreating meals), this is quite close to how we normally eat... (on a good day at least... haha) I want to give it a try and see what happens...

Archived