February 5, 2018 Accountability Buddies

KalinaM

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night was game night at my sister's, which usually means pizza, beer, and other cheesy deliciousness! I was worried about being tempted, but had a great lettuce wrap burger and carrots before going over so I was pretty full to begin with. Brought my own flavored sparkling water, compliant nuts, and made a big batch of crockpot meatballs to share. I had a great time and wasn't even tempted by the rice crispy treats, potato chips and french onion dip (one of my favorites!). That was a really great way to end day 5.

1 hour ago, ebco182 said:

Last night was game night at my sister's, which usually means pizza, beer, and other cheesy deliciousness! I was worried about being tempted, but had a great lettuce wrap burger and carrots before going over so I was pretty full to begin with. Brought my own flavored sparkling water, compliant nuts, and made a big batch of crockpot meatballs to share. I had a great time and wasn't even tempted by the rice crispy treats, potato chips and french onion dip (one of my favorites!). That was a really great way to end day 5.

Awesome! Yesterday, I went to a birthday celebration at a winery. I took some hot tea in a travel mug and was surprised at how good it felt to not be drinking, I still had a good time and my tea kept me content. 

@ebco182 @april_espi you are rockstars!!! Well done resisting temptation.

I'm proud of myself for day 6... I had a children's program at the library (I'm a librarian) in which i had to portion out cream cheese, jelly, bread and fruit loops for a "snack craft" and i didn't sample or lick my gloved fingers or anything! Then in the afternoon,  I went to a funeral and the gathering afterwards had nothing but cookies and all i had was water.  Yay!!!

Diner tonight was fennel sausage soup,  also found in w30 fast and easy cookbook.   This was the 3rd meal i made from it this week.  Guys, seriously,  get this book! It really is easy and delicious. 

1 hour ago, KalinaM said:

@ebco182 @april_espi you are rockstars!!! Well done resisting temptation.

I'm proud of myself for day 6... I had a children's program at the library (I'm a librarian) in which i had to portion out cream cheese, jelly, bread and fruit loops for a "snack craft" and i didn't sample or lick my gloved fingers or anything! Then in the afternoon,  I went to a funeral and the gathering afterwards had nothing but cookies and all i had was water.  Yay!!!

Diner tonight was fennel sausage soup,  also found in w30 fast and easy cookbook.   This was the 3rd meal i made from it this week.  Guys, seriously,  get this book! It really is easy and delicious. 

YAY for victories! Day 7 is tomorrow...we're getting through the hardest part! :D

@KalinaM I know I love the W30 fast and easy cookbook, the majority of my meals have been from there or from the W30 book. So far I can’t complain all the recipes have been great!

so I’m wrapping day 6 today! I did my groceries yesterday and today I spent a good portion of my day prepping and cooking. I’m trying to do as much as I could to lessen the amount of work in the week. 

Today I definitely feel a lot better, no headaches, and feeling a lot more full with my meals. Has anyone been snappy lately or maybe easily quick to temper? Not sure if it has anything to do with W30 but I find myself getting so easily annoyed and irritated <_<.

Well I’m sure if not everyone, this week felt pretty long glad tomorrow is day 7! And looking forward to the beginning of an awesome week.

9 hours ago, WJStar said:

Has anyone been snappy lately or maybe easily quick to temper? Not sure if it has anything to do with W30 but I find myself getting so easily annoyed and irritated <_<

I was a tad bit irritable yesterday but it wasn't too bad. With Oprah's podcast still fresh in my mind, I reminded myself that we often THINK that we act how we feel when in reality, we feel how we act. So I just smiled more and made an effort to be more chipper, and I was fine. 

16 minutes ago, april_espi said:

ROLLCALL! Where's everyone from? Who knows, there may be another Whole30-er nearby!

I'm currently residing in northern Colorado :)

Southeast Michigan here.  

Today is day eight because I started a day early.  I have surprisingly found this pretty easy to follow.  My grocery bill is higher, but it is offset by the fact that I don't stop for breakfast everyday or stop for fast food a few times a week like I used to.  I have been sleeping like a baby.  I am usually a pretty good sleeper - but it's been great.  I used to nap every day that I had a full day off of work, but I had Friday and Saturday off and didn't feel the need to nap at all.  My naps made me wake up groggy and woozy so I'm glad they are something I am getting rid of.  My heartburn and gastric reflux seems to be gone.

Easy breakfast today.  Nuked a sweet potato until it was soft - topped with ground beef (prepped last night - nuked enough to get it warmed up).  threw on some hot salsa, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.  Spicy and filling and easy prep.  

Lunch today will be chicken stir-fry with broccoli and red peppers, onion and fresh ginger.  I will have enough for at least one meal of lefties if not two.  Dinner will be either salmon or burgers with a side veggie.  I'm thinking brussell sprouts.  

21 hours ago, ebco182 said:

That's great. I think a party would be challenging, but good for you for planning ahead!

1 hour ago, april_espi said:

I was a tad bit irritable yesterday but it wasn't too bad. With Oprah's podcast still fresh in my mind, I reminded myself that we often THINK that we act how we feel when in reality, we feel how we act. So I just smiled more and made an effort to be more chipper, and I was fine. 

That's a great way to reframe that. I'm going to try to remember that. 

Yesterday (day 6) was my birthday. My husband and daughter made me shrimp, crabcakes, roasted asparagus and cauliflower, and mashed potatoes - all made whole 30 style. Instead of a cake we had strawberries for dessert. It was all delicious. I ate more than I normally would (after all, it was my birthday),, but no off-plan ingredients so I think that was a success! 

23 minutes ago, Charlene33 said:

Yesterday (day 6) was my birthday. My husband and daughter made me shrimp, crabcakes, roasted asparagus and cauliflower, and mashed potatoes - all made whole 30 style. Instead of a cake we had strawberries for dessert. It was all delicious. I ate more than I normally would (after all, it was my birthday),, but no off-plan ingredients so I think that was a success! 

That's totally a success!  It's cool that everyone is so supportive.  Happy birthday by the way!

I am going to visit my daughter next weekend and she is excited about making me taco stuffed peppers that she is going to revise to be whole30 (as she understands whole30).  I know she is not adding cheese to mine.  My concern is whether she is using packaged taco seasoning and if so, what's in it.  She is very into finding things I can eat though, so I think I will be fine.  

1 hour ago, Charlene33 said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

3 hours ago, april_espi said:

ROLLCALL! Where's everyone from? Who knows, there may be another Whole30-er nearby!

Cleveland, Ohio over here. Such a dreary, cold, rain day today. Enjoying a nice cup of tea.

Just finished meal prepping for the week. Chopped up a big ole salad for lunches. Have some leftover chicken from this week to top that or for breakfasts. Also made some sweet and sour chicken with roasted peppers and onions (http://www.paleobailey.com/sheet-pan-sweet-sour-chicken/). Made a big skillet Shepherd's pie (https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/paleo-shepherds-pie-whole30-dairy-free/) for dinner tonight with enough leftovers for dinner tomorrow. That will be so nice since I work late on Mondays.

I love cooking! I was really getting down and wanted to go get chocolate cake last night, but after today's cooking extravaganza I am so excited for all the yummy food I'm going to have this week.

10 hours ago, april_espi said:

San Diego.  I've already met a fellow San Diegan Whole30-er (from a previous W30, not on this thread).  

8 hours ago, Charlene33 said:

Happy Birthday!! That sounds like a great birthday meal!!

9 hours ago, KA11 said:

Southeast Michigan here.  

Today is day eight because I started a day early.  I have surprisingly found this pretty easy to follow.  My grocery bill is higher, but it is offset by the fact that I don't stop for breakfast everyday or stop for fast food a few times a week like I used to.  I have been sleeping like a baby.  I am usually a pretty good sleeper - but it's been great.  I used to nap every day that I had a full day off of work, but I had Friday and Saturday off and didn't feel the need to nap at all.  My naps made me wake up groggy and woozy so I'm glad they are something I am getting rid of.  My heartburn and gastric reflux seems to be gone.

I have noticed the same for groceries - the actual grocery bills have gone up, but we don’t mind so much since we’ve been saving money from not eating out and definitely from not drinking on the weekends!

@Charlene33 HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you had an amazing day! Your husbands birthday dinner sounded so delicious, how very thoughtful! 

@april_espi I’m from Chesapeake, Virginia.

today was a pretty mello day I was so exshausted though. It was definitely a long week for me, I spent almost all day trying my best to prep and cook for this upcoming week. I was proud of everything I made:). Looking forward to week 2!

ROLL CALL: Asheville, NC here  

@Charlene33 HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And, hey, I was in Raleigh this weekend (for the Carolina/N.C. State basketball game)

Yesterday was a delightfully slow Sunday here. Made this for brunch. Too time consuming for a weekday breakfast, but it was amazing on a rainy Sunday morning. And I can’t remember who doesn’t want eggs, but there are a few eggless servings as made. (I doubled it....and we had leftovers this morning. I just poached some more eggs for the top)

https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/bacon-burger-paleo-breakfast-bake-whole30/

Archived