January 2nd Starter's Reintro thread

SugarcubeOD

Hello! My reintroduction is going well. I tried oatmeal February 1 and I did not notice any effects. I decided to focus on foods that I know I want to add back, if possible.  I tried gluten yesterday so I am still monitoring. I noticed in another reintroduction thread the idea of taking more days to see if a food is affecting you. I think I will try that the next time since I a most curious about grains and gluten and it does make sense that it may take more than one day of exposure to notice a difference. 

Thank you @SugarcubeOD

My re-introduction is going well.  I started with dairy last Thursday and didn't notice any negative effects.  I  had two drinks at the Super Bowl party we attended and I noticed that I woke up multiple times during the night.  I usually wake up at least once, but I definitely got worse sleep last night and that's something that I'd never really thought about as being an effect of alcohol consumption.  Next steps for me are eating compliant for the rest of the work day and then trying wheat next Saturday.

Hi all!  I reintroduced beer this weekend.  I'm sad to say, anxiety and terrible sleep plagued me last night.  I've always know that alcohol effects me this way, but I was hoping it wouldn't be as bad as I remembered.  No. Such. Luck.

Glad to hear your reintros are going well.  I'm going back to 100% compliant eating/drinking for the week and I'll reassess this weekend to see if/what I would like to reintroduce next.

Keep on keeping on!! :) 

My intro is going really well, with the exception of being down with this stupid cold. I’ve tried butter and a piece of cheese, so good. I had a couple corn chips in Super Bowl all good. Then I drank wine, omg not sure if it’s the sulfites or alcohol in general but I woke up in serious pain, shoulder, hip, foot, the entire right side of my body. Now I’m terrified as we are taking a 2 week road trip with our good friends to Vegas abs Mexico and it’ll there will be daily drinking.  I’m pretty sure I can fake it with iced tea and club soda most of the, but I’m gonna want margaritas in Mexico.  I plan to remain compliant, for the most part, until we leave so I should be feeling good when we start out. Then when we get home, another round starting March 5th. 

The experiment continues. 

Glad I found this thread, hope your all doing well with your re-intro. 

18 hours ago, Mousey14 said:

Hi all!  I reintroduced beer this weekend.  I'm sad to say, anxiety and terrible sleep plagued me last night.  I've always know that alcohol effects me this way, but I was hoping it wouldn't be as bad as I remembered.  No. Such. Luck.

Glad to hear your reintros are going well.  I'm going back to 100% compliant eating/drinking for the week and I'll reassess this weekend to see if/what I would like to reintroduce next.

Keep on keeping on!! :) 

I drank wine on Saturday and it was delicious, however I’m not sure it was worth the pain I woke up in and am still having 3 days later. 

Everything else is going well, so it’s either sulfites or just generally alcohol, either way in back to 100% compliant too. 

1 hour ago, DoodleJo said:

I drank wine on Saturday and it was delicious, however I’m not sure it was worth the pain I woke up in and am still having 3 days later. 

Everything else is going well, so it’s either sulfites or just generally alcohol, either way in back to 100% compliant too. 

Sulphites definitely affect me too! I tend to steer clear of wine for the most part, but I'm pretty sure you can find sulphite free wine...might be worth searching for, and you could try to re-intro that to see if that's a little better for you! 

Hi all,

My reintro is going great.  No side effects from wine or the birthday dessert.   Have not fully experimented with red wine, but the Sauv Blanc is fine.  I thought sulfites would be a problem and have not discounted that it may still manifest.   I suspect when I reintroduce yogurt & cheese these will be my triggers, so I am putting that off!!

Sticking as close to the plan as I can without freaking out about added sugar in food prep or butter (in "steamed" veggies) at the past quilty weekend or restaurants.  Really feeling benefits of organic/sustainable foods and am checking out farmers' markets for healthy skin care/hair care/cleansers.  Still feeling great and want to feel this good when I start the Lenten40 ... hoping for really routine good sleep and habits after that.  

Have a great week!

I tried gluten over the weekend in bread. I went ok but I may have had some effects. I am trying dairy today. I know it has some effect, but I am trying to decide how "worth it" for dairy. I am definitely going to take a couple of days to reintroduce after my Whole Lent, so I can really figure out any effects. 

6 hours ago, OHMaryF said:

I tried gluten over the weekend in bread. I went ok but I may have had some effects. I am trying dairy today. I know it has some effect, but I am trying to decide how "worth it" for dairy. I am definitely going to take a couple of days to reintroduce after my Whole Lent, so I can really figure out any effects. 

Ugh...Dairy.  Dairy hates me and even though I SWORE to myself that I wouldn't go back, I'm considering a long/slow reintroduction to see if it's ALL bad, or just certain things.  I know that any type of sweetened dairy is out, plain and simple.  And so is butter.  But I'm really curious if some hard cheese here and there would be "worth it" since I do love me some cheese! (What mouse doesn't, right?? :)) Also, I'm curious if I baking with dairy effects me differently than eating it straight.  That probably sounds ridiculous, but I have eaten plenty of baked goods that contain milk and butter and I don't recall having any issues.  But, maybe my system was just so poisoned at the time that it wasn't super noticeable...?

I was pretty much over dairy before I started this ride, and the only thing I’ve reintroduce so far has been a little dab of butter. I would like to try cheese as I do appericiate a bite of cheese and salami. I’m more interested in the sulfites in the prepared meats, and wine of course is seeming to be a problem. 

Yesterday I reintroduced dairy.  Small amt of cheese on my eggs and veg in the morning, whole milk pastured yogurt for lunch, 1/4 cup of a milkshake at dinner (milk and icecream).  Woke up in the middle of the night with hives on my chest and thighs.  Obviously my body is telling me something, wondering if this is expected/common.  Have others in this group experienced anything similar?

3 hours ago, minnesotagal said:

Yesterday I reintroduced dairy.  Small amt of cheese on my eggs and veg in the morning, whole milk pastured yogurt for lunch, 1/4 cup of a milkshake at dinner (milk and icecream).  Woke up in the middle of the night with hives on my chest and thighs.  Obviously my body is telling me something, wondering if this is expected/common.  Have others in this group experienced anything similar?

Oh my...that's awful!  I've never gotten hives from dairy, I only experience severe gastrointestinal issues.  That sounds like a good reason to stay away from it! 

A

21 hours ago, Mousey14 said:

Oh my...that's awful!  I've never gotten hives from dairy, I only experience severe gastrointestinal issues.  That sounds like a good reason to stay away from it! 

Actually, after further study, I might have a keto-rash, and not hives.  I did some more reading on this. I bought some test strips and I am between trace and small amt of ketones, could be keto rash.  I will eat some sweet potatoes and hope it goes away!

How was everyone's weekend?  We got a foot of snow and some sleet on top of that!  I won't complain about the snow though, I absolutely love it!

I decided to try a new recipe this weekend that reintroduced wheat and I had no issues.  I made this for dinner on Friday (using coconut aminos rather than soy sauce) and it was AMAZING!!

https://www.idonthavetimeforthat.com/instant-pot-egg-roll-bowls/

I don't plan to indulge in wheat/grain on a regular basis, but it's good to know it doesn't give me any problems!

Happy Monday!

Archived