Off-track SO quickly

RandiW

Did a JanW30 (R2) this year and went great after a failed 2nd W30 attempt in Nov. I didn't plan for reintros for this W30 since I already knew what was up from last time and basically living W30ish the whole year. But for whatever reason, since W30 ended a mere week ago, my cravings are back WITH A VENGEANCE. 

There are lots of "reasons" - I had some medical stuff happen last week, a TERRIBLE soul-wrenching work week, and my period, plus anemia and other small things that just felt awful. But a couple days after W30 I had a little ice cream. ok, no biggie. But then Friday we went out to a nice dinner, and while not junk food by any means, I ate pretty much every category of food we avoid in W30. I have some minor food allergies that I mostly tend to living W30ish, but sometimes you go for a nice meal and decide it's worth it to eat XYZ. I don't know if that meal just triggered my sugar/carb/legume/dairy demon or what, but then I had ice cream again the next day and half a pancake the day after (plus a coconut ice cream bar), and then today I had ramen (soy and gluten) for lunch and then another coconut ice cream bar. Since Friday I've been totally off the rails! 

In R1, I was terrified to go back to "regular" eating and basically wanted to stay W30 compliant almost ALL the time. Now I find myself dreaming endlessly of anything but W30. Help?!

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, RandiW said:

Did a JanW30 (R2) this year and went great after a failed 2nd W30 attempt in Nov. I didn't plan for reintros for this W30 since I already knew what was up from last time and basically living W30ish the whole year. But for whatever reason, since W30 ended a mere week ago, my cravings are back WITH A VENGEANCE. 

There are lots of "reasons" - I had some medical stuff happen last week, a TERRIBLE soul-wrenching work week, and my period, plus anemia and other small things that just felt awful. But a couple days after W30 I had a little ice cream. ok, no biggie. But then Friday we went out to a nice dinner, and while not junk food by any means, I ate pretty much every category of food we avoid in W30. I have some minor food allergies that I mostly tend to living W30ish, but sometimes you go for a nice meal and decide it's worth it to eat XYZ. I don't know if that meal just triggered my sugar/carb/legume/dairy demon or what, but then I had ice cream again the next day and half a pancake the day after (plus a coconut ice cream bar), and then today I had ramen (soy and gluten) for lunch and then another coconut ice cream bar. Since Friday I've been totally off the rails! 

In R1, I was terrified to go back to "regular" eating and basically wanted to stay W30 compliant almost ALL the time. Now I find myself dreaming endlessly of anything but W30. Help?!

Oh gosh, sorry to hear that!  Sometimes things just careen off the rails when we have more stress than we usually do... sounds like your week was tough!

Sounds like maybe a few day reset to get bck on the wagon is in order?  I wouldn't think you need to commit to a whole30 days but maybe a few...  do that for the next little while... all you have to do is commit to the next right thing ie: your next meal.

Archived