Whit6410

I’m struggling to figure out if the sulfites in my red wine vinegar are compliant... I was at the store and couldn’t find a brand (organic or otherwise) that didn’t say “Contains Sulfites” in the ingredient list.

The one I ended up with only has two things listed under ingredients: Red wine vinegar, contains sulfites. 

Is there a brand that anyone has used before that is compliant? Are these naturally occurring sulfites? Are they ok? Is there another vinegar I could use instead of red wine vinegar since apparently I live in the Bermuda Triangle of Whole 30 compliant red wine vinegars?? THANKS!

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Whit6410 said:

I’m struggling to figure out if the sulfites in my red wine vinegar are compliant... I was at the store and couldn’t find a brand (organic or otherwise) that didn’t say “Contains Sulfites” in the ingredient list.

The one I ended up with only has two things listed under ingredients: Red wine vinegar, contains sulfites. 

Is there a brand that anyone has used before that is compliant? Are these naturally occurring sulfites? Are they ok? Is there another vinegar I could use instead of red wine vinegar since apparently I live in the Bermuda Triangle of Whole 30 compliant red wine vinegars?? THANKS!

All vinegar is going to have sulphites/sulfites in them... the difference is added or naturally occurring.  This one looks like it's naturally occurring.  This question has been asked a fafillionty times too so there'll be loads of conversation if you google 'whole30 sulfites in vinegar' or similar :) 

Archived