Continuing to Whole90

dee1314

24 minutes ago, MeadowLily said:

Did you complete 5 consecutive Whole 30's? 

I’ve finished five Whole30’s in total, not consecutively. The last one I completed before this one was two years ago and I went to sixty three days.  I started getting into bad habits and along the way developed DM type 2 and a whole lot of weight also.  So i started the fifth one on January 7th and want to continue to possibly Whole90. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2018 at 10:45 AM, MeadowLily said:

Did you complete 5 consecutive Whole 30's? 

I’ve finished five Whole30’s in total, not consecutively. The last one I completed before this one was two years ago and I went to sixty three days.  I started getting into bad habits and along the way developed DM type 2 and a whole lot of weight also.  So i started the fifth one on January 7th and want to continue to possibly Whole90. 

I’m on day 44 today and I just want to say that even though I haven’t lost much weight ( haven’t weighed myself since January 7th) I feel less bloated. My stomach issues are nonexistent and it seems to have gone down. But my biggest accomplishment has been that I’m off diabetic medication. I was on Metformin 1000mg 2x/day and my HgA1C has drastically decreased so my PMD has told me to stop taking it.  I feel good. Not so much pain in my joints but the weather here in NJ has been rough so I’ve been taking Tylenol on occasion. I still have food urges. My granddaughter’s birthday was Saturday and they ordered  pizza and that with cake (sweets are my downfall) was almost unbearable. I remained strong. I ate before going to party and I just drank water there. I’m planning on continuing on to April 7th ( my daughter’s first baby shower) and then will restart again for maybe a month or two then start re-introduction. I’m planning on having some broiled ir baked fish with plenty of salad so I don’t overdo it. I wish everyone who also has decided to extend much success. 

Good for you that you stayed strong thru the birthday party!!  That's awesome!!  :D    I'm hoping to do 100 days. I know 30 days isn't enough to deal with my health problems, so 100 is my goal.  I'm on Day 19 now so almost 20% of the way already!!  You hang in there -- pulling for ya!!!!

1 hour ago, carolw said:

Good for you that you stayed strong thru the birthday party!!  That's awesome!!  :D    I'm hoping to do 100 days. I know 30 days isn't enough to deal with my health problems, so 100 is my goal.  I'm on Day 19 now so almost 20% of the way already!!  You hang in there -- pulling for ya!!!!

Thank you carolw. I will be at 90 days on April 6th so then I can enjoy my daughter’s shower on the 7th. I know I can do it if I’ve come this far but I also know that I will have to restart again the next day and continue on until I’ve slayed  my sugar dragon.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2018 at 5:06 PM, carolw said:

30 days in and doing well.  70 out of 100 to go!  Already feel better!

So happy for you carolw!!! I’m on day 58 today. Feeling energetic and joint pain is better. I’m so accustomed to reading labels that it’s just a way of life now. I do still get a pang to have something like pizza or a piece of cake but I have managed to stay firm. I just say to myself that it will still be there after am finished.  Continued success to you. 

On 3/4/2018 at 3:35 PM, dee1314 said:

I do still get a pang to have something like pizza or a piece of cake...

I can't help with cake cravings, but Mel Joulwan's meatza recipe really satisfies my pizza cravings - I make it all the time: https://meljoulwan.com/2010/02/16/dinner-and-a-movie™-meatza-pie-and-the-vancouver-olympics/

Hope it helps your cravings!

On 3/5/2018 at 9:52 PM, Jim4884 said:

I can't help with cake cravings, but Mel Joulwan's meatza recipe really satisfies my pizza cravings - I make it all the time: https://meljoulwan.com/2010/02/16/dinner-and-a-movie™-meatza-pie-and-the-vancouver-olympics/

Hope it helps your cravings!

Thank you Jim4884. I will definitely try this. I love some of Mel’s recipes and have done quite a few in the past. 

• 1 month later...

Hi Dee;  I know you hit your day 90 yesterday -- I hope you made it and are doing well!   I have hit day 66 and so far, so good.  At 15+ pounds gone, and feeling better although unfortunately I caught a bad cold, but almost over it.....       I noticed this morning after a shower that my face is much less puffy than it was -- a bonus!  Body and arthritis pain is down quite a bit along with several other non scale victories (altho I am very happy about my scale victory too).  I have thyroid problems which are supposed to bring to a halt all weight loss efforts, but with this plan, it is possible! I want to try to eat this way permanently, but am considering extending my official whole90 into a whole365.

On 4/7/2018 at 2:04 PM, carolw said:

Hi Dee;  I know you hit your day 90 yesterday -- I hope you made it and are doing well!   I have hit day 66 and so far, so good.  At 15+ pounds gone, and feeling better although unfortunately I caught a bad cold, but almost over it.....       I noticed this morning after a shower that my face is much less puffy than it was -- a bonus!  Body and arthritis pain is down quite a bit along with several other non scale victories (altho I am very happy about my scale victory too).  I have thyroid problems which are supposed to bring to a halt all weight loss efforts, but with this plan, it is possible! I want to try to eat this way permanently, but am considering extending my official whole90 into a whole365.

@carolw I made it to 91 days and then I ate at the baby shower for my daughter, Jennifer.  I had all this food and one slice of cake and champagne punch, etc. I went home and I ate a slice of pizza. The next morning I felt horrible and started right back on the Whole30.  I did learn one very important thing, for me, that made a difference. The food did not taste as I had imagined it. Not even the pizza which I was hankering to have before tasted right.  So I have decided that I will continue on this journey for a while longer.  It wasn’t hard to return to eating the way I had been doing.  I realized that I have not missed eating junk food, cake or even wine. I will go this time, perhaps, till next year and then reassess. The baby shower was lovely. I am glad for your weight loss and hope you are better from your cold. I have restarted at Day 1 so now you are definitely ahead of me.  Let’s continue to keep in touch and see if we both can achieve food freedom forever. 

Archived