Was too impatient with reintroduction

Heyitsme

So I completed a great whole30 on the 30th, and was reintroducing foods and ran into some problems. I reintroduced GF grains first and had no issues until 1-2 days later when I was experiencing bloating. Instead of giving myself a few more days before adding in dairy, I decided to give in to some GF pizza because it was my sons birthday party. Unfortunately I mixed dairy and GF grains together instead of just doing dairy and I experienced headache and a lot of fatigue by the end of the day. Since I felt like I’d already ruined my reintroduction, I didn’t do two whole30 days after, and instead just moved into being GF because that was the plan after my whole30. I guess I’m curious if I would need to do another complete whole30 and slower reintroduction to really pinpoint what the issues are, even though it’s only been a week since I finished. Thanks in advance!

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Heyitsme said:

So I completed a great whole30 on the 30th, and was reintroducing foods and ran into some problems. I reintroduced GF grains first and had no issues until 1-2 days later when I was experiencing bloating. Instead of giving myself a few more days before adding in dairy, I decided to give in to some GF pizza because it was my sons birthday party. Unfortunately I mixed dairy and GF grains together instead of just doing dairy and I experienced headache and a lot of fatigue by the end of the day. Since I felt like I’d already ruined my reintroduction, I didn’t do two whole30 days after, and instead just moved into being GF because that was the plan after my whole30. I guess I’m curious if I would need to do another complete whole30 and slower reintroduction to really pinpoint what the issues are, even though it’s only been a week since I finished. Thanks in advance!

Honestly, if you can manage it, that would be for the best. If you are extremely sensitive to any of the things that you ate, you likely have hurt your gut and that takes time to heal. If not, you could try just doing it until you feel like you're better and then start again but there's a risk there that you'll be mixing reactions again.

29 minutes ago, ladyshanny said:

Honestly, if you can manage it, that would be for the best. If you are extremely sensitive to any of the things that you ate, you likely have hurt your gut and that takes time to heal. If not, you could try just doing it until you feel like you're better and then start again but there's a risk there that you'll be mixing reactions again.

Thanks so much for your input! I think I’m going to do another whole round just to be sure I know what my body is doing and needs. I’m looking at the possibility of needing to be paleo if I’m truly sensitive to all these things, so I definitely want to be sure.

Archived