What's for dinner?

RandiW

King prawn coconut curry, with a side of roasted artichokes, dill pickles & a few cherry tomatoes - low key for the most part but the protein I'd planned ahead, which for me is usually enough to keep me from making poor choices....!!

I batch-cooked on Sunday so I had a bolognese sauce over cauli-rice. I was super hungry today so I also had three sunnyside up eggs and some guacamole.

I made two eggs but one yolk broke and that means you get another egg.

Not low key tonight.  We are having crab hand rolls from the first nomnom paleo cookbook.  Not low key because I have a pound of picked crab meat.  I had to time the ripening of the avocado with the development of the sprouts, which took take about 4-5 days to be done.  So a highly planned and expensive, but delicious looking meal.

My low key go to meals are things like a salad, roasted veggies, and a meat.  The cracklin chicken on the nomnom paleo website is absolutely delicious for having just chicken, oil, and salt (and a cast iron skillet).  

• Moderators
19 hours ago, AnitaC said:

I batch-cooked on Sunday so I had a bolognese sauce over cauli-rice. I was super hungry today so I also had three sunnyside up eggs and some guacamole.

I made two eggs but one yolk broke and that means you get another egg.

HAHAHA!  I thought I was the only one that thought this way!  @jmcbn - I'm pretty sure I've even said to myself "well that means that egg doesn't 'count'" and then cracked another!

• Administrators

We are having the prawn sheet pan meal from the Whole30 cookbook tonight which is basically just brocoli drizzled in spices and sesame oil plus prawns marinated for 20 minutes and thrown on the pan at the last minute. Plus steamed red potatoes, all dipped in mayo. Last time I made this it took 25 minutes - 5 prep (peeling prawns/slicing potato) and 20 minutes of cooking. Dead easy!

• Moderators

Leftover roasted veggies (broc, brussels, kale, red cabbage, mushrooms) reheated with olive oil and home made dukkah seasoning with a blop of home made mayo and reheated greek chicken thighs.  Delightful and it took me aaaaabout 10 min.  Fave!

• 1 year later...

Hi. Yesterday we had tasty grilled meals. I cooked barbecue on Portable Titanium Pocket BBQ Grill My family loved the delicious barbecue meals cooked on this grill. Today, I will try the new barbecue recipes and I hope my family loves it.

What you guys are having for today's dinner?

Last night we had roasted chicken, mixed potatoes & butternut squash, and some balsamic broccoli/carrots.

Tonight is grilled flank steak and cauliflower tabouleh salad.

Tomorrow is NNP's Spicy Thai Chicken Salas w/zoodles because my middle schooler has a band concert and there will be no time to cook anything.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, SchrodingersCat said:

Crispy skin chicken drums with peri peri mayo, roasted pumpkin, yellow squash and broccolini with Egyptian dukkah, and celeriac chips. Yum!!

Oh my goodness, that sounds delicious! I'll be right over?

Tonight we're having Chicken Faux-fredo (Greek-spiced skillet chicken served with spaghetti squash and a creamy cauliflower sauce), green beans, and roasted sweet potato. I'm not currently doing a strict Whole30, but my W30 experience did introduce us to awesome new recipes that we continue to use instead of returning to the grain- and dairy-filled versions we knew for so long... and this one is one of my favorites.

• 3 months later...

Archived