RandiW

What's for dinner?

Scrambled eggs over steamed brocoli topped w/ cubed avocado?

Ummmm.....chicken thighs braised in compliant marinara tossed over a baked yam?

Salmon/tuna/crab salad over greens?

King prawn coconut curry, with a side of roasted artichokes, dill pickles & a few cherry tomatoes - low key for the most part but the protein I'd planned ahead, which for me is usually enough to keep me from making poor choices....!!

I batch-cooked on Sunday so I had a bolognese sauce over cauli-rice. I was super hungry today so I also had three sunnyside up eggs and some guacamole.

I made two eggs but one yolk broke and that means you get another egg.

Cooked a giant batch of kalua pork over the weekend, so dinner tonight was pork, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, and cauliflower rice quick sauteed with ghee, garlic, and onion. Took about 5 min.

8 hours ago, AnitaC said:

Absolutely - it's the law!! :lol:

Not low key tonight.  We are having crab hand rolls from the first nomnom paleo cookbook.  Not low key because I have a pound of picked crab meat.  I had to time the ripening of the avocado with the development of the sprouts, which took take about 4-5 days to be done.  So a highly planned and expensive, but delicious looking meal.

My low key go to meals are things like a salad, roasted veggies, and a meat.  The cracklin chicken on the nomnom paleo website is absolutely delicious for having just chicken, oil, and salt (and a cast iron skillet).  

19 hours ago, AnitaC said:

I batch-cooked on Sunday so I had a bolognese sauce over cauli-rice. I was super hungry today so I also had three sunnyside up eggs and some guacamole.

HAHAHA!  I thought I was the only one that thought this way!  @jmcbn - I'm pretty sure I've even said to myself "well that means that egg doesn't 'count'" and then cracked another!

We are having the prawn sheet pan meal from the Whole30 cookbook tonight which is basically just brocoli drizzled in spices and sesame oil plus prawns marinated for 20 minutes and thrown on the pan at the last minute. Plus steamed red potatoes, all dipped in mayo. Last time I made this it took 25 minutes - 5 prep (peeling prawns/slicing potato) and 20 minutes of cooking. Dead easy!

Leftover roasted veggies (broc, brussels, kale, red cabbage, mushrooms) reheated with olive oil and home made dukkah seasoning with a blop of home made mayo and reheated greek chicken thighs.  Delightful and it took me aaaaabout 10 min.  Fave!