I did it! 30 days

Roselite8

The part I might be most impressed with is that I found some willpower that I never knew I had! And I must say, the results I see today have exceeded all expectations. 

I am a vegetarian who is experiencing thyroid and autoimmune issues, and I have some weight to lose. Going into this, I was truly concerned about my ability to stick with this program, especially since I don't eat meat and can't handle eggs. I followed the Whole 30 vegan guidelines, using mainly properly soaked and prepared legumes and occasional nuts and tofu/edamame as my protein sources. I did not eat grains or dairy at all, and I am not aware of any slip ups. So just sticking to it is a big accomplishment for me.

I got on the scale today (day 31) and was overjoyed to discover that I lost exactly 8 pounds in 30 days. Due to my thyroid issues, this is incredible to me! In the past, weight normally creeps off at a much slower rate, and that's with cardio and weight training several times week. During my Whole 30, all I did was take a walk one or two times a week.

Other great NSVs: My digestion is much improved! So much less gas, no more stomach pains, less bloating, more consistency, etc. People have commented that my skin looks really good now, and that they can see an improvement. (One friend said that I look better than I ever have.) My energy levels are stable and consistent, which is wonderful! My nails and hair are also growing fast and looking healthy.

I wanted to share this in case it might encourage other vegetarians and vegans to give Whole 30 a try. I know that I was intimidated when I first looked at the protocol, but it can totally be done. 

Archived