IBS - Day 3 Problems

I’ve had IBS for years and rarely have flare ups. I read the original Whole 30 book and completely missed the IBS Protocol in subsequent books and in the forum.

Here I am in Day 3 with a lot of bloating, gas and discomfort. I just found the protocol online and suggestions from posters to cook my veggies... but am not prepared to remove the all of the grayed out foods tonight/tomorrow and change things up with my current meal plan. Any ideas for how I can work the protocol into my current plan? Should I restart?

• Moderators

You don't have to restart but you can start removing the items that you feel are most impactful to you.  Personally, if I realized that I was eating things that caused a painful and annoying condition to flare up, I'd change that meal plan but if you have a context where you don't want to or can't, then I would do the best you can... cook the veggies you have, try to limit any of the problematic spices that might bother you and if there's something that you've already discovered that bothers you that's still on the plan for the rest of the week, seriously consider switching it out for something else... why give yourself such a hurdle to overcome?

Other than that, it's hard to say how to work the protocol for IBS into your current plan as we don't know what your current plan is and what you are and are not willing to change about it.

Archived