Help! International travel during reintroduction?

jaysrose

Hi all! I am on Day 17 of my first Whole30. I just landed a great job, and they are flying me to Germany in a few weeks for 10-12 days. However, the day I depart is 4 days after I'm done with Whole 30, meaning 4 days into my reintroduction schedule... 

I was excited about seeing how different foods make me feel as I reintroduce them, but I also don't want to not pass up an opportunity to eat (and drink) while I'm there (in moderation, of course!)! I'm also nervous about trying to make sure I'm only eating certain foods on certain days while  I'm there...especially since I don't know the language at all (I know most people speak English), but there's also the cultural differences to overcome and I don't want to make anything awkward with my new team when food is involved! The company is planning everything in terms of flight, hotel, etc. I won't have a car, and I'm not even sure if I'll be near a grocery store. 

I've also never flown internationally and don't know if it will be too difficult to be following the reintroduction rules...at that day, I'll be at "Day 4: Evaluate non-gluten grains"

I know the answer is probably no, but is there any way to speed up the reintroduction plan? Alternatively, what if I cut the 30 days by 2-3 days? I know, this is blashpemy and I'm sorry to be bringing it up—and it's called Whole 30 for a reason! I'm just trying to find a solution. I know I can do Whole 30 again, but I've been making good progress and the next time I can realistically do Whole 30 is in June, so I want to make the best of this!

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Thank you!

Archived