Halted progress during period

mandalion91

So I’m on day 25 of my first W30 and on probably the second to last day of my period. I feel like my progress mentally (and physically) is going backwards.

I ate pretty healthy before whole 30 so I didn’t experience the awful carb flu or any other bad symptoms at the beginning (or I just didn’t due to other reasons). I was seriously loving life. ZERO cravings for sugar or carbs, high energy, no snacking between meals, only 1-2 servings of fruit a day, etc.

however after starting my period on day 20 it’s like I have been backsliding. Snacking on nuts and fruit between meals, 3 servings of fruit a day, and overall decreased energy. I also noticed I’ve stopped having NSVs. 

Could this all be because of my period? Has anyone else experienced this? I am still following meal template. Here’s an example of what I ate today:

bfast: 3 eggs, half an avocado, half a sautéed pepper, 1/2 cup blueberries

lunch: butter lettuce salad with grilled chicken, 2 tbsp sunflower seeds, tomato, cucumber, kalamata olives, and olive oil

dinner: chicken apple sausage cooked in ghee with asparagus 

i also snacked on sunflower seeds, mango, and more blueberries. I just feel helpless to my sugar cravings and appetite which I didn’t feel at all in days 1-19. 

Feeling very opposite of “food freedom” right now :(

• Moderators

Ya, it's definitely possible that this is because of your period. In the week leading up to and of your period you might find that you need to eat an additional meal or increase the size of all your meals... some women eat double their normal intake which may not be you but you would benefit from eating more.  Snacking isn't the same as eating more tho so you want to really be as consiencious about eating more at this time as you are the rest of the time.  Plate food according to template and eat it.  Ensure you're including at least a fist sized serving of starchy carbs (or more) which I see none of in your meal list.

On going over your meals again, it looks like you're pretty light on veggies in some meals and fat in others.  Try adding plated fat to every meal and not counting cooking fat.

Archived