HELP on snacking

Jordan O

I am on day 12 and I’ve been doing great! No snacking until yesterday and I’m hungry between meals again today! I’m following the guidelines for how to balance my meals I just need to snack so my stomach stops grumbling! It makes me feel like I’m failing?!?!

• Administrators

Being hungry isn't a failure, it's human.

If you're hungry enough to eat something bland like white fish and steamed broccoli, then eat something, preferably prioritizing protein and fat (ie, not just fruit and/or nuts). Then, going forward, make your meals larger. Why don't you give us a rundown on what you've been eating including portion sizes, meal timing, exercise etc. It's possible that you've been undereating and it's just caught up to you? Or, if you're female, are you approaching/having your period? That causes increased hunger in most women.

Today:

breakfast @ 7:30

2 eggs

2 homemade sausage patties

1/3 toasted sweet potatoe

1/4 cup berries

spinach (lots)

walk 10:30-11:30

lunch @ 12:30

Mixed greens with 1/2 avocado and Tessemae ranch

3 oz cooked chicken and 3oz cooked steak 

2 mini potatoes with red paper sauce 

• Administrators

Not even remotely do these portions seem large, they seem fine, if not on the low side for veggies. Greens cook/chew down to nothing so you could consider adding some sturdier veggies in addition or in place of. 

Has this been pretty standard meal composition for you? You could try moving starchy veggie and berries out of breakfast and stick with non-starchy veggies (steamed brocoli, green beans, bok choy etc). Sometimes when people eat starch/fruits in the morning they experience earlier onset of hunger later in the day. Worth trying?

Are you on or near your period?

Archived