Lenten Whole30 2/14-4/1

MeganSchallom

Hi All! I have tried and have not fully completed a Whole30. For Lent, I am only allowing myself to watch TV for 2 hours a day. With my extra time, I will spend time in the kitchen and bettering my health inside and out. 

I will have 30 days of Whole30 and 10 days of reintroduction. I will be going along with the Day by Day book and reading It Starts with Food and Food Freedom. Anyone else starting on Feb 14?

Looking forward to a rewarding experience!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll be starting a day later but will be with you almost all the way.  I bought the Whole30 book yesterday and finished reading it last night.  I’m also thinking about getting the Whole30 day by day, but wonder if it is worth it?   First time for me...fingers crossed!

Hi! I will also be doing a Lent whole30. This will be my third whole30! My husband said he would like to join however he does not seem quite as committed. I am excited to see there will be a few of us together to support each other. The last two times the forum group was a great support. 

I'll join! I actually just completed my third whole30 on January 30... and immediately fell back into binge-land. The balance just isn't there for me yet and I have consistently disregarded the gradual reintroduction process and just jumped right off that wagon into the world of bread and cheese and sugar. Yikes.

I am really looking forward to doing this again!

On 2/10/2018 at 6:25 AM, Fernsk said:

I’ll be starting a day later but will be with you almost all the way.  I bought the Whole30 book yesterday and finished reading it last night.  I’m also thinking about getting the Whole30 day by day, but wonder if it is worth it?   First time for me...fingers crossed!

Totally worth the  investment-- Melissa has some excellent tips and hacks about forming good habits and it's like a mini journal for the journey! It also reminds you to think about the non scale victories. Giving up the scale is sometimes harder for me than giving up sugar!!

On 2/10/2018 at 8:25 AM, Fernsk said:

If this is your first Whole 30, I definitely recommend following the meal template for the first week. If you have Aldi grocery stores in your area, they are great for produce and they have compliant canned Salmon and canned skipjack tuna. My local store also carries grass fed ground beef and their frozen salmon is good. I get my coconut milk and olive oil at regular grocery stores or Trader Joes. 

The Day by Day book is great if you like journals and are good at taking time every day to reflect as that is the format. 

I am starting tomorrow as well. I'm glad to see there are a few others here for support. This will be my 5th Whole30 attempt. I have completed one full 30 days, but usually slip up in the teen days. I have a wheat allergy so I generally follow a gluten free diet. I am noticing issues with dairy, so I am hoping eliminating it will help me feel better. Good luck, everyone!

I did the January Whole 30 (my second) and then did partial reintroduction. There was an event at our daughter's school this past Saturday, so I ate off plan Friday-yesterday. That was also helpful. I had decided I wanted to do another Whole 30 for Lent as I need to continue to work on quelling my sugar dragon. The challenges will be our daughter's birthday and my nephews (and my brother is an amazing cook and always makes he cupcakes). I know it will be good for me and a good penance.

I also run and will have at least one race, possibly two during the month. Almost all races have banana, bagels or some baked good and granola bars as post race food. I found I like RX Bars so I will be packing my own post race fuel.

Hi! 

I've decided to start my first whole30 as my Lenten discipline. I just got the Whole30 book this week and I'm jumping in ASAP. Hopefully having a dual commitment will help me with my first time. I have a few challenges during the first few weeks with my husband's birthday and guests visiting for 2 weeks. I'd love an online community to help me stay accountable. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

I'm excited there are some of us starting on Lent instead of February 1st or whatever first day of the month. I am starting tomorrow as well and just went to Whole Foods and bought a few things to start off the week. I'm really excited and looking forward to having everyone else on these forums as support. This is my first time doing Whole30. good luck to us all!

21 hours ago, KTH1010 said:

I'll join! I actually just completed my third whole30 on January 30... and immediately fell back into binge-land. The balance just isn't there for me yet and I have consistently disregarded the gradual reintroduction process and just jumped right off that wagon into the world of bread and cheese and sugar. Yikes.

I am really looking forward to doing this again!

This happened to me too. I did the reintro for my first whole 30 but then I went right back to how I was eating before. It's hard because I don't have balance, especially when I'm around other people who are eating whatever they want.

5 hours ago, MeganSchallom said:

Would anyone want to get a GroupMe message going? Just the extra boost to hold each other accountable. Let me know and I'll start one!

I live in Europe! A small country on the Adriatic, Croatia! I will be off by half a day due to time difference so bear with me! I don’t have GroupMe so if there are enough people interested I could download it. I have done 3 Whole30s and the online support is crucial for me! It keeps me grounded and committed! 

You are all super lucky to have ready to go, ready made compliant foods available, I am very limited as Whole30 is quite unknown in my neck of the woods and I have to do all my food prep from scratch.

Ash Wednesday menu: breakfast-veggie fritatta with an apple on the side, lunch-baked hake with swiss chard and boiled potato and banana, dinner-leftover hake with boiled cauliflower and some olives! 

Good luck on day 1.

On 2/13/2018 at 7:07 AM, OHMaryF said:

The Day by Day book is great if you like journals and are good at taking time every day to reflect as that is the format. 

Day by Day was INVALUABLE to me.  It's worth the money.  It was my companion, and helped work through the challenges.  I highly recommend it to anyone.  

I did my first W30 for January - and did really well on it.  Have relaxed the strict rules for dining out, but am basically still on plan having reintroduced only wine at dinner.  I also had dessert on my birthday.  But, now I'm back to it!

Go team!

I too, started today for Lent. Man, I had several pieces of Mardi Gras King Cake, pizza, Krispy Kreme doughnuts and Italian sweet cream yesterday that I was ready to start today ( gave up booze 6 years ago so that Dragon is not in the way for me ). Trying this to try to get at inflammation and digestive issues that I haven’t been able to solve via the medical model. So, pat me on the back. I’ve conquered Day 1 :)

Archived