Lenten Whole30 2/14-4/1

MeganSchallom

On 2018-03-25 at 3:15 PM, ShannonM68 said:

Yesterday I finally re-introduced a food group....  legumes in the form of pinto beans.  Argh.  After eating them I felt yucky (no other way to describe it) and this morning I woke up super groggy almost felt like I had a hangover and I am super snotty with lots of post nasal drip.  GROSS.  So clearly pinto beans are not a good food.  Does anyone know if it's likely all beans/legumes will affect me like this?  I would love to have hummus again.  

On legume day, I introduced chickpeas with no problems, peanut butter with major gastrointestinal issues & peas with milder gi symptoms.  I’m going to try peanuts again now that I’m finished the whole Fast Track reintroduction.  That would make me think that each food within a food group could have a different response.  Gluten in the form of wheat only was the only reintroduction that consistently posed problems.  

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Easter Sunday to all!  The Lenten journey has ended.  I learned so much during our Lenten Whole30, gained so many NSVs especially regarding my health, lost 12 pounds and 5 or 6 inches!  Reintroductions went well and I learned from them also. That period and my few days trying to practice Food Freedom have resulted in some slight reversals of 2 of my NSVs (lower blood sugars & GERD ) so I’ve decided to start a 2nd Whole30 tomorrow!  R2D31 (May 2) will be my birthday,   I want to celebrate my birthday with lower blood sugar numbers, lower blood pressure, no GERD symptoms, no leg cramps and a lower weight.  Equally important, I want eating three meals a day in the Whole30 way to have become natural to me.  When I do my next reintroduction phase I will test specific foods that I want to include in my Food Freedom.

Archived