Recipe Rescue- Turkey & Veggie Chili Addition

Addie_Tudes

Hey y'all! 

So I meal prepped a compliant turkey and veggie chili in my instant pot tonight. It was made with turkey, green peppers, zucchini, sweet potato, onion, garlic, crushed tomatoes, green chilis, and lots of yummy spices. Unfortunately, the veggies overcooked so everything kind of turned into a bit of a mushy and water-y mess. I strained off some of the liquid, which helped a bit. I also added some slivered almonds and less-ripe avocado when I ate it, which helped add a little bit of texture. If anyone has any ideas as to how I could salvage the recipe so that I don't have to choke down/ throw away a whole pot of nutrient dense chili, let me know!!! 

I like to add canned pumpkin or squash to my chili to thicken it up. It might not help the "mushy" texture, but it might help with the watery component. 

Another option would be to use it in something else, like a tex mex casserole. You could use riced cauliflower, the chili and eggs or something to bind it and bake that. The chili would flavor the cauliflower "rice" instead of being eaten alone. 

Archived