March 1 start - who's in f/ some March Madness?

Usatonik

On 3/6/2018 at 2:31 PM, sweetcee said:

I am the same way!  I would suggest creating a new routine for yourself.  Can you get an herbal tea, a journal / reflection time and try to reframe your evening time?  And... early bedtime... lol.

I started my second Whole30 on March 1 and so far I've been too tired to focus on my nighttime snacking, lol!

Yes, the tea has rescued me several times!! And, I am in bed much earlier than my usual time!  The first three days I slept like the dead, I was so tired. Now, I am back to my usual pattern of not sleeping straight thru...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/8/2018 at 7:33 PM, Liz D said:

So, I added more protein to my meals and it helped a lot not to feel hungry at night. Ok, that's the physical part. As far as the emotional part, I tell myself that I'm full and do not need to eat. The reward at the end of the day is that I stuck to Whole30 another day. 

I keep stressing that to hubby! We have to get our protein in, or else!  It does feel GREAT to be at the point where I feel comfortable with what we are eating... that our routine is sticking! I even did a lunch out with my Mom and sister! Walmart's Easter candy was not fun though--eek!

On 3/15/2018 at 9:31 PM, RJTurbot said:

I keep stressing that to hubby! We have to get our protein in, or else!  It does feel GREAT to be at the point where I feel comfortable with what we are eating... that our routine is sticking! I even did a lunch out with my Mom and sister! Walmart's Easter candy was not fun though--eek!

Today is day 20. I feel like I'm putting weight on & thinking I might be eating too much fruit. I have 3-4 oranges everyday. Maybe I'm eating too many nuts or maybe I am just nuts! LOL. I'm trying not to stress over this. I know that I will not get on the scale until another 10 days. I also feel that this is getting harder, not easier. How are you both doing? 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Liz D said:

Today is day 20. I feel like I'm putting weight on & thinking I might be eating too much fruit. I have 3-4 oranges everyday. Maybe I'm eating too many nuts or maybe I am just nuts! LOL. I'm trying not to stress over this. I know that I will not get on the scale until another 10 days. I also feel that this is getting harder, not easier. How are you both doing? 

Fruit is recommended to be up to 2 fist sized servings a day eaten with meals, not on its own or as dessert.  Nuts are meant to be limited too - the general rule of thumb around here is no more than a closed handful every other day... 

Depending on how your diet was prior to starting, in some cases, people do gain a few pounds before things straighten out and that's often for people that heavily calorie restrict or yo yo diet.

In what ways do you feel it's getting harder?

On 3/19/2018 at 8:18 PM, SugarcubeOD said:

Fruit is recommended to be up to 2 fist sized servings a day eaten with meals, not on its own or as dessert.  Nuts are meant to be limited too - the general rule of thumb around here is no more than a closed handful every other day... 

Depending on how your diet was prior to starting, in some cases, people do gain a few pounds before things straighten out and that's often for people that heavily calorie restrict or yo yo diet.

In what ways do you feel it's getting harder?

Sorry to barge in, but glad I read this..I'm on day 2 and was eating my fruit between meals, is that the rule for Nuts too? or can they be eaten as a snack.  What are some good choices for snacks?

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Nora17 said:

Sorry to barge in, but glad I read this..I'm on day 2 and was eating my fruit between meals, is that the rule for Nuts too? or can they be eaten as a snack.  What are some good choices for snacks?

Ideally, your meals will keep you satisfied 4-5 hours at a time and you won't really need to snack. If you are hungry between meals, try to have a combination of protein, fat, and vegetables, or at least two of the three. Leftovers are easy, or hard boiled eggs and mayo with some carrot sticks. 

One thing to watch with nuts is that it's really easy to overeat them, and while they're okay to use as a fat source occasionally, they can cause digestive issues for many people. 

Hi all,

So I've made it to Day 23! Unfortunately yesterday I got this rash on my arms, thighs, back and neck. It's so freaking itchy it isn't even funny. Did the whole oatmeal bath, calamine lotion and Benadryl thing last night. The rash is less visible today, but is still sooo itchy. Anyone else had this happen? I've felt pretty great otherwise. I've literally changed nothing. The food has been exactly the same, soaps, makeup, general environment. All exactly the same. I've heard rumor of detox rashes, but on Day 22? I know some people seemed to start to react to eggs, but I haven't even eaten eggs in the last few days... Thoughts?

It's Day 31! I lived! I'm so excited I felt the need to share. I lost 12.6 pounds in the last month and over 10 inches total. Anyone have suggestions for keeping that momentum? I've made it about 25% of the way to my goal weight in a month. I don't want to go backwards. But I'm also really excited for stevia in my coffee this morning. :lol:

Archived