Whole30 slip up...i think

Mimis

Hi! I was towards the end of my whole30, on day 28, when I attended a super bowl party. They have sweet potato chips there and guacamole that I believe was store bought. I had some and thought they both would be compliant. However, the next day I felt like I had no energy and started coughing again like I had before I started the diet. I still have the cough. I don't know if that's an indication of me possibly getting sick or because I possibly messed up my whole30 towards the very last days of it. Could those food items really cause me to feel that bad after feeling pretty good for a while? Would I really have to reset and start all over?

• Moderators

Sorry you're not feeling well.  For starters, store bought chips are not compliant regardless of the ingredients.  That said, you'd have to go and find out what was in the items that you ate to see if you might be reacting to something in them.  It really is in your best interest to find out because if it is something, that's a pretty telling indication that the item or items are not great for you.  If there was nothing in them and they were compliant (aside from store bought chips) then you're probably coming down with something.

As for whether you are going to restart or not, that's totally your decision.  Our recommendation is always to restart as that's the point of the program - 30 slip free, cheat free Whole30 days.  But you're an adult with free will so we direct you to the article linked in my signature below titled 'do I really need to start over' and you can have a read and see what you think.  Bear in mind when deciding that if you're really having a reaction to something in the food, then you'd want the full 30 days clean before reintroductions.

Archived