Paleo/Whole30 Friendly shops/restaurants in Phoenix/Tucson?

So I'm starting tomorrow and also just found out today that I have a work conference in AZ in 3 weeks. We (my family) fly in to Phoenix for a couple days with my in-laws, then I will zip down to Tucson for 3 days for the conference, come back to Phoenix, and fly home.

First, any suggestions for staying Whole30 compliant while traveling with a toddler? In other words, lots of crap to carry everywhere already. Also, any tips for Whole30-friendly establishments in either city? Finally, tips for how to make this work while living in a hotel for 3 days? I'm going to their website right now to see if they have fridges in the rooms or if I can somehow gain access to one for the trip.

Thanks!

True Food in Phoenix at the Fashion Mall is wonderful! I think you could ask for the kale salad without the cheese and bread crumbs, and top it with salmon. Now, that being said, this is what I would choose off of the menu!

I am not sure about the oils that they cook with, but do know they strive for organic.

Check out the grocery store called "Sprouts." You will get the best deals on produce and bulk nuts / trail mixes / dried fruits and sometimes even meat and seafood (including grass fed, etc.) I like the bulk bins because I can get just the quantity I need to cook my meal or last me x number of Days on the road. If you have a choice in hotels, stay at the Residence Inn or Towneplace suites. They come equipped with a full kitchen.

There is a restaurant in Scottsdale called Nourish 1-2-3. I haven't tried it yet, but their menu looks good. You can check out their website and menu...http://nourish123.com/. Good luck.

WOW thanks so much for that! Just looked up their menu and it's amazing!

There's also a restaurant called Pappadeux there. I worked for this family run chain for a few years and they have VERY strict allergy protocols. The protocol includes involving the manager to make sure the allergy is attended to properly and the staff has to clean the grill or pan before they cook in it to verify no cross contamination. You should be able to get them to cook about any protein you want in olive oil and either saute veggies or get a big salad with oil and vinegar.

I just ate at Nourish today--completely satisfied! They were awesome about answering questions about their food preparation, and everything on the menu is clearly labeled (corn free, dairy free, paleo, etc.) so you don't have to get stuck ordering a bunless burger (although you could--and I think the menu said grass fed...) or a boring salad with chicken on top. It's near Old Town Scottsdale, and is pretty easy to get to, although the parking is a tad funky. If you go, let us know how you like it!

Tucson: choice greens (customizable salad place), b line (will make you a food pile with sautéed veggies, meat, avocado and a side of incredible salsa), sauce (vegetable salad, no parm, add double chicken or salmon), Renee's organic oven (they have an awesome vegetable marinara dish you can order without cheese and add protein to). Look up tucsonoriginals.com. Most of these restaurants are amazing at customizing menu choices to fit your needs. Tucson is a big food city so enjoy!!

Archived