quick breakfast ideas beyond eggs

sherylc

• Moderators

Protein powder isn't really recommended as a meal replacement. You might be able to find one, but it's better to eat your food rather than drinking it in the form of smoothies.

Anything you eat at any other meal works great for breakfast too, so leftovers are a popular option. Something more breakfasty would be sausage which you could overcook and reheat. You could make soup, or salmon cakes/patties, or really anything. Here's one thread with some ideas:    https://forum.whole30.com/topic/28832-lets-talk-non-traditional-breakfasts/

Best to make breakfast the night before and have it ready to grab and go. Frittata is great for this as well as cooked sausage patties that you can quickly heat and eat. 

Powders etc are not really food are they? You want to slow down and chew so your brain and your digestion understand you are sending in good healthy food. Perhaps getting up 10 minutes earlier to allow for some breakfast time?

Hadley

I love the Aidell's chicken apple sausages and they go well with sauteed greens (spinach is easy and fast) or steamed broccoli. You can make this in less than 10 minutes. I add half an avocado and it's all I need for meal 1. I also usually make a batch of cauliflower rice over the weekend and eat that some mornings as my veg. Compliant turkey hot dogs work too if you can't find the sausages. 

2 hours ago, sherylc said:

Thank you all. Definitely cannot find Applegate sausage though I do have the bacon . Compliant hotdogs? Wow

Applegate has some compliant hot dogs, both turkey and beef, I have seen them at Whole Foods and Kroger. I'm sorry you can't get the Aidell's (not Applegate) chicken sausages-they are a staple in our house. We get them at Costco but they have them at Kroger and Target and Publix-have you checked your local grocery stores? Maybe you are not in the US..?

Recently, I've been making these, which are easy to vary:

Egg Veggie Muffins     350 F; makes 12 muffins

Cherry Tomatoes, cut up

Large handful fresh baby spinach, chopped

Jarred chopped jalapenos, or chopped sauteed bell peppers and/or onion

Other leftover cooked veggies (Broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, etc.)

Leftover chicken, or any cooked meat, diced or crumbled (Recently I used Applegate ham diced)

Seasonings such as salt, cumin, taco seasoning, Frank's hot sauce, etc.

6 eggs beaten with small amount of water

Divide veggies into 12 muffin cups (silicone works best; this will stick to paper liners). Beat eggs and seasonings together, and pour evenly over veggies into muffin cups. Bake for about 20 minutes until set. Could try other veggies; salsa; sliced olives, tomato paste; other seasonings depending on the flavor you want. We allow 3 per serving and bag up the rest for a quick breakfast; I even like them cold!

Archived