We did it!

Meaghan Kirsch

My husband and I completed our Whole30 today. Not going to lie I was a little skeptical that this program was going to "change my life".  I am here to tell you it did change my life. My biggest reason for doing this was to calm my sugar dragon.  There was numerous times I thought about what I couldn't have (Caribou or Starbucks at 3PM was my biggest downfall). Now I know I can easily live without those white chocolate mochas for 30 days I can do anything!  I had NO IDEA I would feel this amazing.  Tiger Blood is a real thing and I am so nervous I am going to lose this incredible energy I didn't know I even had.  I could go on and one for hours about how great Whole30 is, but I am pretty sure everyone on here probably knows that.   

Whole30 complete.JPG

Congrats! You look so happy! It is quite a great feeling to have completed the whole30, isn't it? It's awesome that you have found you don't need that sugary coffee drink! You will save $$ too! Have you started reintroductions? My boyfriend and I finished on Jan 30, and have tried wine, dairy and gluten-grains. Still need to test non-gluten grains and legumes. So far, I think I can eat all of those things, at least in small amounts, without issues, though we are eating whole30 pretty much 100%. We did have a beer the other night, and split a coconut butter cup (OMG so good). We are still working on our food freedom, which is, oddly, actually harder than the whole30 in my opinion :)

Archived