Help please --- Work trip

JohnW

Hi all helpful Whole30 gurus! I am going on a three-day work trip to Las Vegas. I know Vegas has lots of food options but I want to pack some Whole30 back up supplies just in case. I will be working a conference and will have limited time for breakfast and lunch. Please share suggestions for a quick breakfast and/or lunch that I can buy now and take with me in my checked suitcase to have while at the conference. Right now, I am wondering about Whole30 compliant Rx Bars or Lara Bars for a quick breakfast if no other options are available. Also, is there a beef jerky option that could work for lunch along with fresh veggies or fruit? Can I pack fresh veggies in my checked suitcase on Southwest airlines?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

- JohnW

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JohnW said:

Hi all helpful Whole30 gurus! I am going on a three-day work trip to Las Vegas. I know Vegas has lots of food options but I want to pack some Whole30 back up supplies just in case. I will be working a conference and will have limited time for breakfast and lunch. Please share suggestions for a quick breakfast and/or lunch that I can buy now and take with me in my checked suitcase to have while at the conference. Right now, I am wondering about Whole30 compliant Rx Bars or Lara Bars for a quick breakfast if no other options are available. Also, is there a beef jerky option that could work for lunch along with fresh veggies or fruit? Can I pack fresh veggies in my checked suitcase on Southwest airlines?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

- JohnW

You may want to take a look around the fourm and see what other people do for travel such as this as it's not a new or novel situation.  Google is the best way to search the forum so I would start by googling 'whole30 travel for work' or similar and see what's already been said before we type it all out again.  As for if you can pack fresh veggies in your suitcase on Southwest Airlines, you'd be best off contacting south west airlines and asking them but I don't see why not unless you're crossing international borders.

I'd stay away from the Nut based bars and go for the meat-based one, myself.  (I like original Chomps and Epic bars.)  I feel like the nut and sugar based ones are setting you up to be super hungry really quickly.  I'm also a big fan of baby food packets for vegetables on the go.  There are plenty that are just sweet potatoes, or sweet potatoes and beets, for instance.  I've cooked and frozen full sweet potatoes, put those in an insulated bag, and taken, say, hard boiled eggs and other foods to keep them cold, then replenish insulated bag with ice at the hotel.  You'd have to look for the beef jerky, but there are plenty of options out there.

Archived