February 19th - Need a buddy to email/check in with!!

a.keen

Hi!! I'm starting (AGAIN) on Monday, Feb 19th... I've tried Whole30 twice and failed. I felt so good during and am so mad at myself for not following through. I'm hoping to find another person who is starting on Feb 19th who will want to check in via email daily to help support and hold each other accountable!

Let's do this!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting Monday the 19th as well! I'm a W30 virgin... :unsure: I was super excited about it! I bought The Whole30 book and read it already but, now the nerves are starting and I'm very worried about failing. I have already come up with my wk1 menu and plan on cleaning my pantry and refrigerator this weekend; I even put post-its on my bathroom wall numbered 1-30, so at the end of a successful day I can pull it off and throw it away.  I really need someone to help keep me motivated and encouraged. I'm a stay at home mom with a 16 y/o High School Junior who is home-schooled and works daily.  My husband is a very supportive and loving man, however he is away for work 50% of the time.

I am Catholic and Lent started yesterday, Wednesday Feb. 14th. I had decided, before even considering Whole30, that this year I was going to work on me, with a special focus on a healthier lifestyle! :huh: And then everything kinda fell into place. I'm not watching TV and I'm fasting from Facebook. So my day consists of prayer, devotions, reading, and keeping up the house. 

So yes, let's hold each other accountable! How would you like to make this happen? I think if we know what we want to include (a template of some sort) in the email it will help us to keep on track. Just not sure what to include since this is my first time... :unsure:^_^

Hi! First-timer for Whole30 here. I was introduced to this through a coworker who will be going through it with me, but she's done it before and her main diet is very close to the program guidelines, so I anticipate needing additional support. I'd love to be a part of any support network I can be!

I am also starting Monday 2/19.  I am a Whole30 newbie.  I've read the book all the way through.  I am headed to Costco on Sunday to stock up on good stuff.

I am 54, a software developer and I work at home.  My two kids are in college but I have three teenage stepsons who spend some time here.  I am a diabetic, hypothyroid, have high blood pressure and high cholesterol.  I also have joint pain in my thumbs and fingers from typing on a computer for more than 30 years.  Hoping to improve all my numbers and eliminate my joint pain.

Would love to be part of a group to keep us all motivated.

Lisa

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Angelinarusso said:

I am new to this don’t know how to form a group 

You don't need to 'form' a group, this is already a group of people that are doing the program.  You've 'joined' this group by commenting on it... you can comment on as many threads as you like as long as the content is not copy/pasted around the forum.

9 hours ago, RainbowLisa said:

I am also starting Monday 2/19.  I am a Whole30 newbie.  I've read the book all the way through.  I am headed to Costco on Sunday to stock up on good stuff.

I am 54, a software developer and I work at home.  My two kids are in college but I have three teenage stepsons who spend some time here.  I am a diabetic, hypothyroid, have high blood pressure and high cholesterol.  I also have joint pain in my thumbs and fingers from typing on a computer for more than 30 years.  Hoping to improve all my numbers and eliminate my joint pain.

Would love to be part of a group to keep us all motivated.

Lisa

I am 55, a hardware engineer, and I work in an office.  :D  Whole 30 took me from pre-diabetic to completely normal blood sugar, lowered my blood pressure WHILST getting off of meds for it, lowered my cholesterol, and significantly reduced joint pain.  True story that I hope motivates...

17 minutes ago, Jim4884 said:

I am 55, a hardware engineer, and I work in an office.  :D  Whole 30 took me from pre-diabetic to completely normal blood sugar, lowered my blood pressure WHILST getting off of meds for it, lowered my cholesterol, and significantly reduced joint pain.  True story that I hope motivates...

That is great to hear.  I take a fistful of meds every morning.  Would love to change that.

I'm 47 and completed my first Whole30 in December (yes, I ignored the advice to not start when holidays or special occasions were approaching). I had an annual doctor's appointment scheduled for right after the New Year and was hoping to ensure my a1C (blood glucose) was out of the pre-diabetic range. It was! (I had been eating fairly well prior to the Whole30, but knew I could do better.) And I'd lost about 12 pounds and felt great.

I've tried to start another Whole30, but now that I don't have that doctor's appointment looming, I've fallen into old, bad habits and can't seem to be accountable only to myself, so I'd love to join this accountability group! I've read all the books and have made quite a few recipes from the books and have loved most of them. Neither my husband nor two kids are on board with the program, so there are many non-compliant foods in the house. But I did it once, so I know I can do it again!

I'd like to join the group too - as I am starting on 2/19. I'm feeling major anxiety and wondering if I can actually do it. My husband and kids aren't doing it either and also living in a house with a lot of non-compliant foods. Would love to get support! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

I am starting today! I'd love to be part of a group! From my understanding we can keep posting on here and follow/support each other through that way. Otherwise I've heard facebook groups and Whats App work well for people. This will be my second attempt! My heart was not in it last time and I've been all over the board with eating behaviors lately. I'm excited and ready for some structure!! 

I’m a newbie and my start date is tomorrow- Feb 19!! I’ve read the Whole30 book, cleaned my fridge & pantry, made a Costco run, and I’m currently slow cooking beef bone broth!! I didn’t use the meal plan in the book. My schedule is pretty hectic so I’m focusing on quick and easy meals. So far, I have meals planned for days 1-4. I also started a Pinterest board with whole30 recipes. However, I’m open to any additional tips and recs for easy recipes.

3 hours ago, ispeakkeener said:

I rearranged my cabinets so that the non-compliant stuff is all in one for the rest of the family. Cooked my lunch for the week. I'm as ready as I'm going to be. 

I did that too - it will help! I am new to this and starting tomorrow, 2/19.

On February 15, 2018 at 5:56 PM, Allis said:

I'm starting Monday the 19th as well! I'm a W30 virgin... :unsure: I was super excited about it! I bought The Whole30 book and read it already but, now the nerves are starting and I'm very worried about failing. I have already come up with my wk1 menu and plan on cleaning my pantry and refrigerator this weekend; I even put post-its on my bathroom wall numbered 1-30, so at the end of a successful day I can pull it off and throw it away.  I really need someone to help keep me motivated and encouraged. I'm a stay at home mom with a 16 y/o High School Junior who is home-schooled and works daily.  My husband is a very supportive and loving man, however he is away for work 50% of the time.

I am Catholic and Lent started yesterday, Wednesday Feb. 14th. I had decided, before even considering Whole30, that this year I was going to work on me, with a special focus on a healthier lifestyle! :huh: And then everything kinda fell into place. I'm not watching TV and I'm fasting from Facebook. So my day consists of prayer, devotions, reading, and keeping up the house. 

So yes, let's hold each other accountable! How would you like to make this happen? I think if we know what we want to include (a template of some sort) in the email it will help us to keep on track. Just not sure what to include since this is my first time... :unsure:^_^

Hi, Jodi!!

Email me! mod edit: removed email address - use the private message feature to exchange emails so bots don't pick up your email and hack you.

You guys!!! Need to turn my notification posts on. I thought no one wanted to buddy up with me! Funny how we get in our own heads and think the worst! :lol:

What are you guys starting with tomorrow for our start day? I just cooked a frittata for my breakfast tomorrow, then a salmon thingy for lunch and I'll have the leftovers for dinner. I'm also trying out this self defense class that i'm hoping will help with exercise. 

I really need to follow through this time. So sick of sticking with unhealthy patterns in my life... anyone else??

GOOD LUCK, guys!!

Archived