February 19th - Need a buddy to email/check in with!!

a.keen

55 minutes ago, RainbowLisa said:

I know that's the recommendation, but I struggle with this as well.  I eat breakfast at 8am, lunch between noon and 1pm.  But dinner is often not until 7-8pm because of my work schedule.  So an afternoon snack is a must or I am ready to eat everything in the house when I sit down to dinner.

We always have hard-boiled eggs on hand.  Homemade beef jerky is the best, but I have never made it without soy sauce so I'll have to figure out a new recipe for that.  A cucumber sliced or carrot sticks are good, too.

Also try Coconut Aminos- they are a replacement for soy sauce. You can find them in the gluten free isle usually in the grocery store. They taste pretty good. I also saw a cool recipe the other day on Pinterest for cucumbers cut like 2 inches thick then hallowed out a bit and stuffed with rice. Of course you wouldn't use rice but anything else makes for a good snack.  

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, T. Audrey said:

Is anyone willing to share their ideas for snacks to get us through the long work days?! 

In my experience, you won't need to snack anymore after getting used to the program. Anyhow, it's always a good idea to have some boiled eggs or meat balls or some left over cold meat in the fridge. Just add some home made mayonnaise or guacamole and you'll have a great compliant snack that will help you through the rest of the day. After a while, you'll get a good idea of the portions you really need for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Totally screwed up my day 1 on Monday :angry:.... had to start over yesterday. Today I am super hungry and feeling a little foggy, according to the book that’s normal...

Just ate lunch; Scrambled eggs, salsa, avocado, and leftover sweet potato go surprisingly well together! I feel satiated but my tummy has all kinds of things to say about this new way of eating... :wacko: I think it might be forming a protest... ^_^ Here’s to another successful day of the Whole30. Cheers! 

Hey group! 

Day 4 is almost over! How is everyone doing? Days 1-3 weren’t as bad as I was anticipating. Today, I thought I narrowed down the right portions for each meal but I found myself hungry a few hours after lunch! Ahhh! 

I had scrambled eggs, mushrooms, n avocado for breakfast (which kept me full until lunchtime), lunch was leftover lean ground beef and sautéed veggies with roasted potatoes (and 3 celery sticks with almond butter). I’m thinking I need to stick with chicken salads for lunch because that seems to be working! 

Today was also the day that my afternoon sugar cravings kicked in for the first time! And I’m  craving CHEESE and BREAD ahhh! :angry: 

Hopefully tomorrow will be better! 

I’m on day 3 b/c my original day 1 was just crap shoot... Today I was so tired! I took a nap! And I don’t take naps, like ever... but today apparently I needed one. Hunger was a bit more in control today and was able to feel satiated longer without my tummy yelling at me. I will say however the cravings are starting to kick in... I wanted BREAD so bad, like a dinner roll (or maybe 10) slathered with butter... <_<

But maintained throughout the day! Day 3 is done and I made through another day! And I’m better for it. :D

On 2/23/2018 at 11:45 PM, Momma Liz said:

Day 5 is almost over and I must admit I almost quit over Fruit Loops (of all things). Today was better than yesterday for sure. I am still hungry all the time it seems. I am just not used to eating big meals. But I’m hanging in there. 

Then don't eat big meals! 3 meals is the recommendation, but if that truly isn't for you, don't do it. I didn't think it was for me, but when I'm eating this way, I don't need snacks. It's not that I force myself to not snack. Try using more fat in your meals. 

Archived