Day 5 - am I doing the program right?

Angelinarusso

Hello,

not sure if I am doing the program right... doing the best I can with two kids... I still crave and find myself starving at night.... I have been eating more then I usually do for an exhausted Mom who is used to a diet of  popping cookies and any leftovers the kids didn’t eat in my mouth....  now I’m eating whole meals so why are I not feeling full.... so far I only had a headache on day 2... and right now am experiencing joint pains especially in my legs and lower back.....   should I be taking a supplement.....  

what should I do about the cravings?

last night I was craving so bad I first drank a glass of water, then I ended up eating a banana with cut up apple and almond milk in a bowl sprinkled with unsweetened coconut and cinmomon ... I heated it up because I feel warm things fill me... I know that was probably bad but I was sadly close to giving up and eating cheese or cookies....   

would love to see if anyone wants to buddy up with me and help support me through this 

• Administrators

It's hard for us to give you any feeback when we don't know what you've been eating. Maybe give a rundown and we'll see if there is anything that stands out.

General causes for being starving is not eating enough. General causes for intense cravings is not eating enough overall and not including starchy veggies (ie, going low-carb inadvertently).

Provide some detail and we'll see what we can do to help.

Note: eating banana apple, coconut and almond milk during a craving is the last thing that will help. When craving sugar, you've just given it sugars. Go for protein and fat when you're having a serious craving so that eventually the cravings go away. If you continue to feed sugar cravings with sweets, you'll continue to have sugar cravings.

Thanks for responding! 

So yesterday I had leftovers for breakfast I had an scrambled egg with left over potatoes from the night before... it’s lent now so I’m not sure about the meat but I did eat some for dinner ..

Inbetween I had some almonds to hold me over

lunch i I had left over salmon over Romain lettuce and tomatoes and avocado with oil and vinegar 

dinner I had a fried egg, apple chicken sausage, and some raw spinach with tomatoes and cucumbers 

This morning I had to have some lab work done so I had to fast and had errands so I ate a Lara bar just so I didn’t pass out after lab work.... for lunch currently eating leftover chicken sausage and an egg with some sautéed peppers  

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, Angelinarusso said:

Thanks for responding! 

So yesterday I had leftovers for breakfast I had an scrambled egg with left over potatoes from the night before... it’s lent now so I’m not sure about the meat but I did eat some for dinner ..

Inbetween I had some almonds to hold me over

lunch i I had left over salmon over Romain lettuce and tomatoes and avocado with oil and vinegar 

dinner I had a fried egg, apple chicken sausage, and some raw spinach with tomatoes and cucumbers 

This morning I had to have some lab work done so I had to fast and had errands so I ate a Lara bar just so I didn’t pass out after lab work.... for lunch currently eating leftover chicken sausage and an egg with some sautéed peppers  

Can you clarify, did you have just one egg with the leftover potatoes as your breakfast?  You are vastly under-eating and it's no surprise that you're starving and craving.

Have you seen our meal template (linked in my signature below or google "Whole30 meal template"). It calls for 1-2 portions of protein the size of your palm (length, width & thickness) at each meal. If eggs are your protein, it's as many as you can hold in your hand without dropping; 3-4 is a good start for most people. Then, you add 2-3+ cups of cooked veggies or equivalent at every meal. Salad greens munch down to nothing so we recommend you either have a literal mixing bowl full of greens or you add some sturdier veggies; around 2-3 cups. Then, add 1-2 servings of fat: half to whole avocado, heaping handful coconut or olives, 1-2 thumbs of ghee, mayo, oil etc. Cooking oil doesn't count towards your fat serving in most cases.

If you are hungry between meals while you're getting yourself straightened out, prioritize protein and fat. Lean away from fruits, nuts and larabars etc. We suggest that in most cases if you can plan to bring a larabar (like you did for after your lab work), you can plan to bring a hard boiled egg or leftover meatballs/chicken thigh etc. 

Archived