Guar Gum

malamusa

Hi All,

My question is a little strange, but I hope someone has the answer.  I know that Guar Gum is an additive that is allowable as an ingredient on the Whole30.  My question is would it be allowable to add a quarter of a teaspoon of the powder to the almond/coconut milk I froth up and put in my coffee in the morning?  The Guar Gum has no taste so it isn't mimicking sweetness (like dates would)-it just thickens things up a bit.

Curious...

• Moderators
14 hours ago, malamusa said:

Hi All,

My question is a little strange, but I hope someone has the answer.  I know that Guar Gum is an additive that is allowable as an ingredient on the Whole30.  My question is would it be allowable to add a quarter of a teaspoon of the powder to the almond/coconut milk I froth up and put in my coffee in the morning?  The Guar Gum has no taste so it isn't mimicking sweetness (like dates would)-it just thickens things up a bit.

Curious...

I guess yes, guar gum is not specifically called out in the rules but it's also not actually food so it's not something that would be recommended.  Why do you need your coffee to be thick?

Archived