Feeling weak on Day 2 -- am I doing this right?

Eevee

Hi! Sorry if this seems "duh" but I couldn't find a ton of info about Day 2. I woke up feeling extremely weak and dizzy, as if I haven't eaten for days. Below is what I ate on Day 1 -- am I not doing this right, or this is to be expected? Also, I have a workout coming up in a few hours and I was hoping I'd be able to #crush it. Suggestions on how to prepare (food-wise)?

I'm worried that I'm eating too much fat, not eating enough (though it feels like full meals, and meals that compare to what I've been eating before, except without the carbs and sugar), or that I made bad eggs, lol. Also maybe important to note, I'm 5'2" and 110-120 pounds (scale's currently broken). Thoughts?

Thank you!!

Breakfast:

Blueberries, strawberries and unsweetened coconut flakes (about 300 calories worth)

Coffee with unsweetened almond milk

Lunch:

One link of garlic herb chicken sausage 

Mixed broiled veggies (mushrooms and peppers with onions, olive oil)

Guacamole (it's compliant from Trader Joe's)

About 285 calories

Dinner:

2 eggs over medium

Small potatoes (both of these cooked in olive oil)

Half an avocado

Another cup of coffee with unsweetened almond milk

About 542 calories (I accidentally went heavy on the olive oil)

Other:

About half a bell pepper dipped in guacamole

5 olives

• Moderators

Ok, first, forget about calories during your Whole30. It's less important how many calories you eat, and more important what you eat.

Download the,meal template here and try to make all your meals match it for best results:   https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/

Breakfast had no protein and no vegetables, and having fruit first thing in the morning can cause a blood sugar spike and drop that can leave you tired and hungry the rest of the day.

Lunch probably needed a little more protein. For the guacamole, notice on the meal template that a serving of avocado is half to a whole avocado, sp be sure you have an equivalent amount of guac, or add some other fat to make up the difference.

For supper, when eggs are your only protein, have as many whole eggs as you can hold in your hand, which is probably three to four. You probably could've used more veggies with this meal too.

Pre workout, if you are working out first thing in the morning or it's been several hours since you ate, should be protein and fat. An egg and mayo or guac, leftover chicken and olives, something like that. If your workout is midday you may not need pre-workout food. 

Post-workout, have some lean protein  and possibly some starchy vegetables. Here's explanation of that:   http://whole9life.com/2015/02/eat-post-workout/

It is normal for workouts to suffer for the first week or so as your body adjusts to this way of eating. This is because your body is having to learn to be less dependent on carbs for quick energy and to use fat more easily. Once that fat adaption happens, your workouts will be back to normal, and for some people they're even better. For this to happen, you need to trust this process and be sure you're eating enough food and not skimping on the fat.

Archived