CMB227

Compliant Alfredo Sauce?

Hi,  Is there such a thing as compliant Alfredo Sauce?  It is almost all dairy but am wondering if some of our recipe wizards have any ideas. Thanks.

32 minutes ago, CMB227 said:

Hi,  Is there such a thing as compliant Alfredo Sauce?  It is almost all dairy but am wondering if some of our recipe wizards have any ideas. Thanks.

A friend of mine made cauliflower alfredo...Looks like there's tons of recipes, just make sure the ingredients are okay.  I didn't like it but I don't like cauliflower any way shape or how so you might enjoy it - my friend loves it.

I just came from Costco with a large bag of rice cauliflower.  I love it, but it is the Alfredo Sauce that I will have to find.  It is basically cream, butter and parmesan cheese.  Definitely not compliant :lol:

42 minutes ago, CMB227 said:

I just came from Costco with a large bag of rice cauliflower.  I love it, but it is the Alfredo Sauce that I will have to find.  It is basically cream, butter and parmesan cheese.  Definitely not compliant :lol:

Right... sorry, I meant that the alfredo is made WITH the cauliflower to make it creamy and saucey and then you put it on something else like chicken or zoodles...

You can make this with cashews but it can be seen as a SWYPO food if it is replacing a food and texture you over eat. Be cautious! Another poster made lasagne with cashews and the verdict was that it was a SWYPO food.

Also this recipe calls for a vegan parmesean which you should omit...

https://minimalistbaker.com/30-minute-cashew-alfredo/