Getting Shakey

SummerNWA

This is my first time posting so forgive me if I am not in the right place,  I am on day 4 of W30 and I have planned and prepped so I feel good there but mainly in the afternoons before dinner I am just in this shaky space of give me all the FOOD NOW! I have been able to control it and just start cooking dinner and maybe munch on some veggies while I do but it kinda freaked me out a little. For background I am doing W30 for weigh loss but mainly to see about new allergies, I am already Gluten Free and am still having some issues? 
I have never been able to do NO carb due to shaky and general horrible human stuff so I thought at least here I could have potatoes etc  any one have thoughts for me?

Thanks
S

• Moderators

We can give you better feedback if you tell us more about what you're eating. Could you list a day or two of typical meals, including approximate serving sizes? It's not uncommon for people to underestimate how much food they need on whole30. 

Do be sure you're salting your food as well, low salt can cause a shaky feelimg.

I will give it a try, yesterday I had a breakfast casserole I made with hash browns, sausage and eggs probably about a cup and a half serving and a cutie, lunch was spaghetti squash with Turkey meat balls and sugar free sauce honestly probably about 2 cups worth and dinner I made Salmon with capers and roasted potatoes and green beans as for serving it was easily one serving of everything maybe 2 on the green beans. I have drank at least  96 oz of water and a couple cups of coffee in the morning (not unusual)

I really appreciate the help here! I am not the "diet" girl so this is a new

S

• Moderators
2 hours ago, SummerNWA said:

I will give it a try, yesterday I had a breakfast casserole I made with hash browns, sausage and eggs probably about a cup and a half serving and a cutie, lunch was spaghetti squash with Turkey meat balls and sugar free sauce honestly probably about 2 cups worth and dinner I made Salmon with capers and roasted potatoes and green beans as for serving it was easily one serving of everything maybe 2 on the green beans. I have drank at least  96 oz of water and a couple cups of coffee in the morning (not unusual)

I really appreciate the help here! I am not the "diet" girl so this is a new

S

This is the meal template that you should try to base all your meals on:  https://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf  

It's hard to say from your description, but my guess is you could eat a little more. With your breakfast casserole, think in terms of how many eggs did you eat? If eggs are your only protein, you should eat as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand, which is probably 3-4. Your casserole had sausage too, so if there was a substantial amount of sausage, you could have slightly fewer eggs, but just as an example, if I make a casserole like that, I would typically make one with a pound of sausage, 10 eggs, a potato or sweet potato, and probably some other vegetables. I'd divide that into 4-5 servings, and for breakfast I'd have one of those servings, plus maybe a big dollop of mayo or half to a whole avocado, and I'd probably try to have some extra vegetables too.

So when you're thinking about your meals, make sure your protein serving, if it's not eggs, is the size of the palm of your hand, length, width, and height, and you can have two portions that size if you want to. Pick a serving or two of fat from those mentioned in the meal template, generally in addition to the fat you might cook in, since that often stays in the pan and isn't really consumed, and if you're cooking multiple servings at a time, what does get absorbed in the food gets divided across multiple servings. Then have lots of vegetables. 2-3 cups at every meal, more if you're having raw leafy greens because they tend to break down to nothing as you eat.

Archived