How to stop eating my feelings?

Hi! I successfully completed a whole 30 1.5 yrs ago, and I have tried several times to complete another one, but I cave to sugar 10 days in, over and over again. I just am so SAD to let go of sugar/carbs/eating what I want! 

I also have 4 young children and so don’t get much sleep at night. So it doesn’t help to tell me to go take a bubble bath to relax, and at this time I don’t have time to exercise. That would be my first choice for adding happiness back into my life. 

How do you emotionally deal with the sadness that comes from removing emotional props like sugar and carbs? Coffee with nutpods helps but only so much. Dates help but I get groggy from too many, and obviously the POINT of this is to NOT use food for comfort. 

BTW, I am eating to template with plenty of fat and starchy carbs. 

Thanks in advance!

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, aplentifulharvest said:

Hi! I successfully completed a whole 30 1.5 yrs ago, and I have tried several times to complete another one, but I cave to sugar 10 days in, over and over again. I just am so SAD to let go of sugar/carbs/eating what I want! 

I also have 4 young children and so don’t get much sleep at night. So it doesn’t help to tell me to go take a bubble bath to relax, and at this time I don’t have time to exercise. That would be my first choice for adding happiness back into my life. 

How do you emotionally deal with the sadness that comes from removing emotional props like sugar and carbs? Coffee with nutpods helps but only so much. Dates help but I get groggy from too many, and obviously the POINT of this is to NOT use food for comfort. 

BTW, I am eating to template with plenty of fat and starchy carbs. 

Thanks in advance!

Not being able to mindlessly and obliviously eat what you want IS a really hard thing to let go of... most of us at some point down this path of health have had to go through that.  What does help is having your goals at the ready for when you want to cave.  WHY do you want to get rid of your sugar cravings/carbs/eatingwhateveryouwantregardlessofoutcome?  When you know that and can fall back on those reasons, it becomes easier to say no thank you.

Here's an article that I just remembered about that will explain this way better than I can

http://whole9life.com/2012/01/the-five-stages-of-food-grief/

Archived