Metamucil Dr Orders

eatclean_4life

I searched for some information on this and although there are a few that touched on the subject I didn't see anything that helped me. I recently was diagnosed with an anal fissure that has since healed (yes ew and ouch). The doctor had me take a TBL of metamucil daily. Which worked. Mind you I am someone that eats fruits and veggie so lack if fiber isn't my issue. We went on vacation and I didn't take it for a week and winded up with constipation which lead to tearing again. My point is what in the heck can I take if this is not compliant? I don't enjoy the flavor in the least. Every version of it either has sugar, fake sugar or something else I can't identify.

Appreciate to hear from someone who's had similar conflict with the product and Whole 30 compliance. I am on round 1 day 4 and doing great otherwise!

Thanks

• Administrators

I would say that this is one of those "doc recommended" supplements that would get a pass on Whole30. You've tried without and you say fibre isn't an issue for you so it sounds to me like this works as medication for you.

Metimucil isn't the only brand. NOW makes caps and powder, no added sugars or sweeteners either. Same ingredients, psyllium. Research sugar free psyllium products.

image.thumb.jpeg.ece00ed162c573b02b96c1527f8e38d5.jpeg

No Artificial Color, Flavor or Sweetener, No Preservatives, No Sugar, No Starch, No Milk, No Lactose, No Soy, No Gluten, No Wheat, No Yeast. No Fish.

image.jpeg.efc973d2549d459921488803392d3082.jpeg

Archived