La Croix Curate

therealcookingmaggie

• 2 weeks later...

I find it very strange that La Croix or any flavored seltzer is allowed! Obviously they are all flavored with chemicals aka "natural flavors," and personally they give me an inflammatory reaction worse than dairy, soy, or gluten ever could. How can a chemical flavoring be compliant?

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, lwolford said:

I find it very strange that La Croix or any flavored seltzer is allowed! Obviously they are all flavored with chemicals aka "natural flavors," and personally they give me an inflammatory reaction worse than dairy, soy, or gluten ever could. How can a chemical flavoring be compliant?

Natural flavouring can often be essential oils but they are not allowed to use that on the ingredients list. Unless you contact the company directly, it's not possible to know how they compose their natural flavouring.

That said, if they bother you, don't drink them. They are fine for Whole30. Whole30 cannot remove every single ingredient that might bother some one maybe somewhere. We eliminate those that are known to be most problematic and then, if you find something that you cannot have because it is a specific problem for you (like eggs/coconut for many), you eliminate that for yourself. It would be impossible to create a sustainable program that removed every single possible known or potential irritant.

On 3/8/2018 at 7:35 AM, lwolford said:

I'm very curious why you think it is obvious that La Croix uses chemicals?  Looking at my can: "Only carbonated water, naturally essenced"   

Archived