Back for a 3rd time - a new W30 log

ncc28

Pre-Whole 30

Gearing up to start a whole 30 in March. During my first whole 30, which was years ago, I really relied on this forum to stay accountable and motivated. I hope to journal every day in March. If you read along, I welcome advice and feedback, as long as it is constructive and intended to be helpful & encouraging!

For the next couple of days, I'll be cleaning out my kitchen of non-compliant foods and stocking up on some staples.

Back on Thursday, March 1st!

Day 1

Good morning! Kicked off the day with black iced coffee, a spinach/salsa omelet and plenty of sunshine before a storm hit New England tomorrow. Will definitely need to go grocery shopping to stock up for the very messy weekend that is forecast. 

Lunch today will be fish with vegetables, and dinner is a steak salad.

Here is to a great first day!

Days 2 & 3

Yesterday was...ok. The food I ate was technically compliant, but I didn't do a great job of following the meal plans because I was rushing around all day. Eggs (no vegetables) for breakfast; lunch was grilled chicken on baby spinach with roasted brussel sprouts. I don't think I had enough for lunch and I ended working pretty late, so I inhaled a lara bar when I got home. I then had steak and sliced fingerling potatoes over greens for dinner. Not terrible, but not great. 

This morning I woke up early with a lot of energy. So far, I've only had breakfast; egg/spinach/tomato omelet cooked in coconut oil and black iced coffee.

I'm thinking about making a pot of chili this afternoon - it usually lasts for days, and I've got some avocado ripening on the kitchen counter, which will be a great addition during the next few days. 

Will update later.

Day 3 continued

Had chicken with vegetables for lunch, and made a huge pot of chocolate chili, which will provide several meals. For dinner tonight, it was paired with a sweet potato and topped with sliced radish. Totally delicious! 

I've got a 7am gym session tomorrow, so thinking about pre & post workout mini meals. Having a full breakout out with girlfriends afterward, so planning to keep that part simple and have eggs. 

Feeling good overall...maybe a little tired, but that is OK since an early bed time is essential if I think I'm going to drag myself out of bed for a 7am gym class on a Sunday! Wish me luck. 

Day 4:

Great workout this morning! I had been using protein shakes before my workout, since making/eating breakfast wasn't going to happen before an early gym class. But, my shakes aren't compliant, so this morning I had a hard boiled egg and a small spoonful of almond butter on my way out the door. 

Had eggs and compliant chicken sausage for breakfast, with some bulletproof coffee (ghee instead of butter) to drink. Delicious.

Lunch was leftover chili with 1/2 an avocado and shredded lettuce on top. 

Not sure what dinner will be - my oven is disconnected from the gas at the moment, so there won't be any cooking tonight. Will need to order takeout - easier on me (the one who does the cooking), but harder from a compliance perspective!

Day 5:

Had leftover chili for breakfast. My oven is out of commission until a new one arrives on Thursday! As a result, my standard breakfast of egg/veggie omelet is either out of the question, or must be done in the microwave...ick. 

Would love suggestions for easy breakfast options that don't require a stove or oven. I can always buy a salad for lunch or dinner, but breakfast is a little trickier. I guess I could get a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and pair it with veggies.

Sigh...

Archived