Red wine & upset tummy

lilpixie

I'm a week into my reintroduction and haven't had any food group issues yet.  Although, today is the dairy reintro day so we shall see how that goes!

One thing I did notice, that never happened before Whole 30, is tummy issues from red wine.  Suddenly I have severe diarrhea after a glass or two of red wine.  It hits me out of nowhere, is completely liquid but then I'm fine. 

Has anyone else ever had this happen?  It makes me sad b/c I do enjoy a nice glass of wine, but not sure I enjoy it enough to put up with that!  :wacko:

• Moderators
On 2/28/2018 at 9:08 AM, lilpixie said:

I'm a week into my reintroduction and haven't had any food group issues yet.  Although, today is the dairy reintro day so we shall see how that goes!

One thing I did notice, that never happened before Whole 30, is tummy issues from red wine.  Suddenly I have severe diarrhea after a glass or two of red wine.  It hits me out of nowhere, is completely liquid but then I'm fine. 

Has anyone else ever had this happen?  It makes me sad b/c I do enjoy a nice glass of wine, but not sure I enjoy it enough to put up with that!  :wacko:

Definitely possible.  Maybe put red wine at the back end of your reintros and try it again?

On 3/1/2018 at 6:08 AM, lilpixie said:

Hi lil pixie,

I have had something like this happen to be and it is possible that the sulfite in the wine is giving you a reaction. Test it again and if you get a similar result you can assume it is a problem. I have just reintroduced white wine and had a bad sinus reaction, asthma like symptoms and had a really foggy head for 24 hours. I tried something called wine drops in my next wine and it was no problem. Also there are sulfite free wines available. Just in case you find you have an issue. 

Good luck,

Hadley Fierlinger

Archived