EllieH W30 Log

EllieHH

And 30 days later...I amaze myself.  First, because I always had a wee bit of concern that I couldn't do this.  Ha!  Take that, old self.  I also was a wee bit afraid it "wouldn't work" for me - WRONG.  I am not weighing myself yet (because day 30 is not day 31! :))) but I'm definitely curious because I can tell a difference pretty much all over.  Think what is going to happen when I start exercising again - gracious, I might actually be making progress here.  It is so weird how I don't really even care about tomorrow.  I think I'm going to re-intro with milk first.  I have always loved it...will be interesting to see how I tolerate it.  I think I shall toast myself with some herbal tea, and then on with LIFE with all my newfound knowledge.  Yay me.

Congrats! Posting here has been more helpful for me than journaling in the day by day book. And I’ve enjoyed seeing your progress as well! I’m bringing back wine today, but I got my dairy yogurt (!!!) for later this week. Fingers crossed for you and milk. I also need to get back to exercise; I wanted to get a baseline for eating right first before adding in another variable.

So, I don't really want to start a separate log and since these aren't moderated and I have stuff I want to say - I'm just going to tack it on.

Re-intro #1 - dairy - had two glasses of milk (it tastes different!) and no big deal, so that's not a thing for me apparently.  I also tried some vanilla yogurt - I ate about 1/3 of the tiny container before I was done - just a lot of sweet in one go.  So, that was interesting.

Second day of "back to w30" - we had carnitas salad that night (I discovered coconut cream sour cream - eureka) and I hadn't made salsa so I had one spoonful of store salsa (organic, but it had agave syrup as about the 7th ingredient) and it seemed like I was up tossing and turning all night.  Sugar tolerance is SUPER LOW.

Third day at W30 - had a pickle from Jimmy Johns (used to be one of my favorite things - nice and sour and salty) and I almost spit it out it tasted so sweet to me.  Mind blown.  Had a small glass of red wine this night.  That was plenty but it was good and no impact that I could see.

Fourth day - tried rice (vis a vis sushi with coconut aminos out of my purse at the table :)) - it didn't upset my stomach but I felt over full the rest of the day - kind of like I'd eaten a bowling ball (I had ONE roll and some seaweed salad [yes, too sweet]).  I considered trying a single tortilla chip in the name of non-gluten grains, but decided against it.  Not to get too gross, but it was clear the next morning that the body doesn't use much of rice and it heads on out the other end as mostly waste.  Interesting.

Today - had to skip breakfast (poor planning!) but have been all w30 today and feeling fine.  Made some compliant spaghetti sauce and will be having that with zucchini ribbons shortly.  Happier on plan.

So that's where I am!  (and though we may not supposed to be posting weight loss stuff (?) I did lose over 10lbs and though I didn't measure I can really tell a difference in some areas, so yay).  

On 4/5/2018 at 10:49 AM, samalope said:

Coconut cream sour cream?? That sounds amazing. I doubt I can get it around here tho :(

You make it.  All it is is coconut cream + 1.5 T of lemon juice, .5 T of apple cider vinegar and some salt (technically 1/8 t but I didn't measure).  Let it sit for a little while for the flavors to do their thing and you are good to go.  And it is pristine white - very pretty :).

• 2 months later...

And here it is June 21 which makes me what...82 days post completion?  I think that's right.

I have basically stayed Whole30ish since the end of March when I was done, and happily have perhaps truly found food freedom.   I have the occasional alcoholic beverage - like maybe once every 2 weeks...I don't do added sugar almost ever...I have had french fries twice...had a bite of chocolate cake my husband thawed out of the freezer for his birthday - it was not even close to delicious so I didn't have another bite and he ended up throwing over half of it away...I think I have had one piece of dark chocolate...none of this stuff calls my name anymore, and if it does it's easy to say "not happening" - which is just wild to me.   I had something last week that had real sour cream on it and though it was yummy I really noticed it in my digestion for a few days - so not worth it.

Where I do have to be vigilant is in eating often enough - breakfast is the meal that gets skipped so I've tried to do better on that lately.  

I am down about 22-25 lbs (yes, I forgot to weigh before I started my W30) in total.  About half of that has come in the last 60 days...happy hormones do good things :). Exercising is so much easier too - less to haul around I guess!  I finally went bra shopping yesterday, which was pretty fun - haven't bought other new clothes yet but the donation pile is getting big.

All in all, I loved doing the W30 and am so happy when anyone says "what did you do?" because then I get to tell them!  I am going to see my family this weekend and haven't seen them in a long time, so that will be fun to bask in a little bit.

If you are just starting out - keep it up - it's an absolute life-changer.  

Archived