Life After Whole 30

Melmike

Once the reintroduction is completed, and I’m (in theory), ready to return to my former (somewhat revised) diet, am I no longer getting that yummy coconut cream in my coffee? Am I not having a palm sized serving of protein at every meal? And the mass quantities of veggies?  I want to maintain any progress I’ve made, (measurement and weight wise), but am not quite sure how to approach it.  Hope that makes sense!

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Melmike said:

Once the reintroduction is completed, and I’m (in theory), ready to return to my former (somewhat revised) diet, am I no longer getting that yummy coconut cream in my coffee? Am I not having a palm sized serving of protein at every meal? And the mass quantities of veggies?  I want to maintain any progress I’ve made, (measurement and weight wise), but am not quite sure how to approach it.  Hope that makes sense!

I'm not sure what you mean... you can have coconut cream in your coffee if you want to for the rest of your life... or if you didn't love it but really love half and half and you determine that dairy is okay for you, then you can have that... your choice.

It would be our recommendation that the template is followed regardless of what you do after Whole30... that's a good guide for how much food to eat, however if you're adding in breads and baked goods and rice and pasta and ice cream for dessert, those things are going to affect how you feel and how much you actually eat.

Lots of people's food freedom closely resembles Whole30 (for instance, mine is basically Whole30 but with canola oil in a store bought mayo, sugar in ketchup and every two weeks I happily crunch a Werther's Original when I leave my therapist.  I still eat to the template, no grains, dairy, soy, very little booze if ever, very very little sugar until something that is worth it comes along and I choose to eat something that is not normally in my meal plan).  

Archived