First Day Concerns

Already panicked, took one look at seven day readymade menu, I do not know how to cook, and do not have time to make an egg frittattatta for breakfast, I need simple easy stuff to do, driving a friend to Iowa City for Hospital care, picking him up at noon, have no idea what to eat coming and going (2hour drive both ways) or how long I will be in waiting rooms this afternoon. Had two eggs for a quick breakfast and water, maybe I just don't eat until I get home again?

• Moderators

Maybe do the best you can to make healthy choices today, and start tomorrow or in a couple of days once you've had some time to get more prepared. You're not going to be at your best on two eggs and water for more than four hours. 

You don't have to follow the food plan in the book. You'll have the best results if you make all your meals match the meal template, which you can download here:   https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/

Simple things include eggs cooked however you like them, chicken or beef  or other meats grilled, baked, or cooked in a skillet on the stove, vegetables roasted, steamed, or stir-fried. Season things with salt and pepper and whatever spices you like.

Thanku, so far so good I had a banana and am drinking water in the waiting room now! Will eat some meat and veggies this evening, even tho I am ill prepared I just had to start on March 1st. Will get the rest caught up in the next few days! 

Needing to be on the road is a challenge but with planning you can do it !! 

I ALWAYS keep a “Protein Salad” made up in the fridge. I prefer chicken salad with hard boiled eggs, dried onion... seasoned & mixed with compliant mayo. My hubby likes tuna, eggs, dried onions, olives, pickles, horse radish, mustard & mayo... lots of flavor! You can use left over meats, (chicken or fish) or compliant canned meats/seafood.  Don’t forget to try adding 2 eggs to the batch... I really enjoy that! 

This can easily be used as a quick snack while prepping your meal if you are starving... or it can be a meal... eat it on roasted sweet potato rounds, apple/ pear slices, use celery/carrot/pepper as a spoon or top a lettuce salad with some.

It is very versatile & a life saver in my opinion! 

Back to “food to go”... put some of this in a jar & grab some veggie sticks or chop an apple on top of the protein & you are good to get on the road! Don’t forget to take a fork! 

When I finish one batch of protein salad I immediately make another... it really makes W30 work for my hubby & I. 

Archived