Celiac Appearing for First time

I am doing a Whole60 and around day 45 I started to gets symptoms of celiac, mainly oil in my stool.  I have never had any issues that were connected with celiac that I know of, I was diagnosed with IBS 6 months ago.   Has anyone else had issues with issues like this coming up during the Whole30 but not during their normal diet?   I have not been eating much high fat or any gluten.

Thank you!

• Administrators

Celiac is both hereditary and genetic so it seems unlikely that you would jut "get" it, especially if you have not been eating gluten at all.  

No one here is a doctor so if you're concerned, go see a professional. In the meantime you can give us a rundown of your typical intake and we can see if anything stands out?

@ladyshanny,

Thank you.  I do not think Whole30 created or triggered celiac, my mom has it so was not horribly surprised when I got some symptoms.   I was more surprised about the timing that the symptoms showed up.   I was mainly trying to figure out if anyone has similar to celiac symptoms appearing during the Whole30.   I plan on seeing a doctor after I have normalized my diet for a week or two to make sure I am at a baseline.

Have you had any severe stresses on your body?  Emotional or physical?  Apparently severe stress on the body, like broken bones or surgeries, can fire up some DNA and essentially push you over some edge.  (I broke my leg and ankle requiring multiple surgeries a few years back....and became gluten intolerant.  Grrr)

Archived